Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi.
As in my introduction post only yesterday I am brand new to forums so navigating and where to post things is strange.
I am in the middle of a van conversion and I want throw out a few questions to all you experienced people..
Which side of the van is best to have the LPG filler point, this is my next job and I think everyone may think it a daft question but most of you will have had experienced the good and bad so please advise me..

OP
OP
STEVE4SONN
Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
STEVE4SONN. w2f

On our old Hymer with an underslung bulk tank, the filler was on the same side as the diesel filler. Easy peasy. (y)

On our current MH with refillable cylinders, the filler is on the opposite side to the diesel filler, so a little bit more planning is required when refuelling.

Get yourself a year's subs, and you won't regret it. ;)

Good luck with the build. (y)

Jock. :)
Thank you kindly for the input it is ALL very useful and as I am finding from a lot of people there are always solutions for any problems that may pop up.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
STEVE4SONN
Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Directly into the crash zone so not such a good idea .
Really not good practice .
This is only the filler so not sure what the issue would be, if you mount it into the side panel and get a bash it's likely to be worse as there's very little strength there. We've had it in that position on 2 PVC and never had any issues at all.

Of course if it's more at risk in the 'crash zone' because of the owner's bad driving that's another matter entirely! Is that the issue you have? :giggle:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back