LPG Autogas shortage around Dorset/Hampshire (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I went out to fill up my cylinders yesterday, only to find every single LPG forecourt for miles around has none and not expected till next month at the earliest. Has anyone else found similar?

I have an external hose to fit cylinder and fill point being delivered tomorrow and picked up a full calor propane locally. The word around is that calor have a shortage and flogas too

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Just looked on the Filllpg site and it's a mass of blue "U/S" across a lot of the country, especially the London area :(

The Ower station A36 - Junction 2 M27 edge of New Forest is showing as OK as of today 8th June

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just looked on the Filllpg site and it's a mass of blue "U/S" across a lot of the country, especially the London area :(

The Ower station A36 - Junction 2 M27 edge of New Forest is showing as OK as of today 8th June
There is one showing with gas in Swanage which is 1 1/2 hours away and as you say Ower at 1 hour away from Bournemouth/Christchurch. I drove around last night, about 30 miles with no success. So rang round this morning, all with the same story, NO GAS, maybe next month at the earliest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Seems bizarre taking out production at those plants simultaneously. What about all the industries that rely on propane for forklifts etc?

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
this is not the first time the supply chain has failed, and for the same reason

Reactions: f6c
May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Just got some at Chievley services, A34/M4 junction. User before me put in 80 litres, must have been a German van

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008

Yes Ower was working today, took a few presses to get it working though!...guy in there was not aware of any supply issues. Also went to the the garage next to the Cat and Fiddle near Christchurch had the price illuminated on main sign, but the pump had out of order on it !

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes Ower was working today, took a few presses to get it working though!...guy in there was not aware of any supply issues. Also went to the the garage next to the Cat and Fiddle near Christchurch had the price illuminated on main sign, but the pump had out of order on it !
Cat & Fiddle is my local station and the manager was saying next month "hopefully" back to normal

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Cat & Fiddle at Hinton Admiral now has a tank full of LPG. Less what I filled my tanks with tonight

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Ower services off the M27 had some on the 20th June so we filled up our tanks

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
I went out to fill up my cylinders yesterday, only to find every single LPG forecourt for miles around has none and not expected till next month at the earliest. Has anyone else found similar?

I have an external hose to fit cylinder and fill point being delivered tomorrow and picked up a full calor propane locally. The word around is that calor have a shortage and flogas too
Apparently two large refineries are doing long maintenance projects AT THE SAME TIME!
Ive hooked the Mrs up and so far the dinners ready faster👍🏻

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Richard, the gas problem was back in June

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009

Yes it was dire up here during storm Arwen. Local supplier had already sold her next delivery before it even arrived. Thankfully we got two as it’s all we had for heating and cooking for 8 days. Apparently it was the main supplier having problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back