Lost the flipping cap off the toilet cassette! (2 Viewers)

Aug 19, 2020
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
Mooveo C6
Exp
I'm a newbie
Packing up to come home today, emptied the casette in the elsan point after taking the cap off and putting it on a fence post. After all the swilling and cleaning went to get the cap to screw back on and could not for the life of me find it.
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement, and are they all a standard size and thread etc or do I need the specific one for my cassette?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
They probably have an eBay account selling used cassette caps.....😂😱😂😱
When I worked in Algiers it was not unusual to find all my car's hubcaps missing but it didn't matter as there were a couple of kids on a suburb road selling loads of second hand ones and they always had a set that matched mine perfectly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
When I worked in Algiers it was not unusual to find all my car's hubcaps missing but it didn't matter as there were a couple of kids on a suburb road selling loads of second hand ones and they always had a set that matched mine perfectly.
Would you believe it, How lucky can you get😂😂😂😂

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
It’s not just the Brits that loose caps. A Dutch owner dropped his cap down the hole when we were in Germany.
I offered him a glove to use as a temporary cap. This was mis understood thinking I meant him to retrieve the cap. After a bit of Dutch vers English we got it sorted to his thanks and a bottle of beer.

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
It’s not just the Brits that loose caps. A Dutch owner dropped his cap down the hole when we were in Germany.
I offered him a glove to use as a temporary cap. This was mis understood thinking I meant him to retrieve the cap. After a bit of Dutch vers English we got it sorted to his thanks and a bottle of beer.
The fact it was an elbow length rubber gauntlet may have lead to his confusion.....😱💩😱💩😂😂😂

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
I did just the same yesterday on a CAMC site... watched as it fell off the wall and went round and round the lovely white drain to end up in the little hole at the bottom nearly 3 feet down. Fortunate for the cleaning standards at CAMC sites... retrieved with a bit of a stretch. Now have firm instructions from SWMBO as to where to put it...

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Mine is a Dometic I think. Not sure of a Thetford one will fit.
No it won’t , I lost my Dometic cassette cap in France and had hell of a job getting a replacement .
Thetford spares were readily available but try getting a Dometic cap was like looking for gold dust .
I eventually sourced one about about 100 miles away after numerous phone calls by the very helpful campsite owner where we were staying
BTW a replacement is about £20

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We may perform it at Avon Bank Meadow tomorrow ...

I know this won’t help you alvinlee01, and I really hope you get a replacement cap soon! (y)

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
When in Germany last year I did a comprehensive clean of my cassette, and returned the cassette to the van. A short while later went back to the elsan point to assist a friend and noticed a slide on the ground and asked friend if she had forgotten to put it back on the cassette - no was the answer. We pondered if we should take it so that we would have a spare but decided to leave it as the owner might realise and come back for it. Guess who the numpty was!!! Only realised the following day and for the rest of the holiday had to run the gauntlet of the sarcastic comments from my travelling companions every time I went near an elsan point. Easily obtained a replacement when I got home but felt a right pillock! 😁

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I did just the same yesterday on a CAMC site... watched as it fell off the wall and went round and round the lovely white drain to end up in the little hole at the bottom nearly 3 feet down. Fortunate for the cleaning standards at CAMC sites... retrieved with a bit of a stretch. Now have firm instructions from SWMBO as to where to put it...
Mine dropped about 20' into the drain at retrofestival no way of getting it back and even if it was a lot less of a drop it was a bit funky down there! The replacement is a different colour but luckily easy to get.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I once emptied mine down a 6 foot deep drain in a farmer's field. Not only did the cap disappear round the U bend but also the arm piece it screws onto! 🤪

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back