Looks a good idea, what do you think? (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Latest idea for under mattresses in motorhomes, boats and caravans, one good thing I can see is that it should stop condensation forming under the mattress and the wooden type supports are not cheap and this is supposed to give comfort as well.

Comments apreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Froli Star Mobil Bed Kit
The Froli Star bed system enables you to have a comfortable night's sleep. The cleaver springs clips together and forms a matt like shape. Your mattress then lays on top of the sleep system which gives you more comfort. You can control the comfort of the sleep system by having the springs soft or making them harder by adding a star which then makes them stiffer.

With a passion for great sleep Froli has developed a bed system that relieves your back and spine in a way that helps your body to experience deep relaxation. The Froli bed system allows air to flow around the bed and supports the mattress and pillow providing supreme sleeping comfort. The system is designed to be installed by both consumers and manufacturers and due to its unique flexible design, it can be fitted to any shape and size of bed base. "Bed in the Box" 60 spring elements, 50 x regular, 10 x soft (light blue), 60 base elements, 10 tension clips. Covers approximately 17 sq.ft or a bed size of about 76"x32".

Last edited:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We had this system in our last van.
It was very, very comfortable.
We initially had the traditional wooden slats in our transverse fixed bed in a Rapido. Perhaps the previous owners had been somewhat "larger" than us because several of the wooden slats had gone soft and collapsed.
We saw the system at a Motorhome show in Germany and thought it would solve our issue because the fixed bed was an unusual shape so finding the right sized wooden slats was a problem.
The issue with fitting was twofold:
First the Motorhome is built from the inside out so there was no way to remove the original bed in one piece because the aluminium frame holding the wooden slats was too big to get out of the bedroom. I had to use a hacksaw to cut it up.
Secondly the aluminium frame was structural - underneath the frame was just a sheet of 3/8 chipboard which sagged like crazy without the aluminium frame to keep it rigid. I had to buy some square alu tube and make a frame underneath in the garage.
However, those practical issues aside, the plastic system is great, giving great support and comfort.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Seen this before I think someone here bought the system in Germany.One thing I haven't seen is a price and I think I would be forever altering it.Too much choice is a bad thing sometimes I was once fortunate to fly business class. I couldn't get comfy as the seat had intimate adjustment so played with that all flight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I couldn't get comfy as the seat had intimate adjustment so played with that all flight.

How intimate? Is that why business class charges more? :whistle:

:giggle::giggle::giggle: Stop giggling at the back! ;)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We've seen a couple of motorhomes for sale with this installed, but haven't rolled around on it yet.
I do think a good nights sleep is worth any price, so if our bed wasn't comfy I'd buy it.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We threw the mattress in the 'van away and
bought a memory foam one, cut the corner off with a breadknife and enjoy very good nights sleep.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Another addition that for some will be a must have and they will swear that they've gone from discomfort and not sleeping to spending a night as if they've been gassed!:rofl:
Where as the rest of us will sleep just as soundly on our duvalays or foam toppers blissfully unaware that we could have spent more cash for the same good nights sleep!
The thing that makes me chuckle is that I know there will be some people reading this thread already thinking they need one just because it's there.

Vlad

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Another addition that for some will be a must have and they will swear that they've gone from discomfort and not sleeping to spending a night as if they've been gassed!:rofl:
Where as the rest of us will sleep just as soundly on our duvalays or foam toppers blissfully unaware that we could have spent more cash for the same good nights sleep!
The thing that makes me chuckle is that I know there will be some people reading this thread already thinking they need one just because it's there.

Vlad
Vlad your spot on mate, I was following the post and kept thinking that looks like something I need (pretty sure when I got my van last year this bed system was an optional extra) then I read your post and now realise what a chicken head I was in thinking I need it
Thks vlad just saved me a couple of hundred quid for now, but the next time I have crap nights sleep I will be thinking that's the system for me and probably go and buy it, sad I know

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We already have that in our Autosleeper Hampshire and they are electric like the ones in hospital that raise your head or legs or both.
We have great nights sleep on them, better than the slats which used to keep falling though and the runners on other beds , withthe gas struts used to break as well.
They must add to the payload though with the metal bases?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back