London-Zurich-Vaduz-Vienna-Ljubljana-Dubrovnik-Sofia-Antalya (1 Viewer)

David Bennet

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
none
Hi all,

I'm looking into hiring a camper van for next July for a trip (2 people+baby) from London to Antalya and I can't seem to find a website that allows hiring from either London/Paris/Munich and a drop-off in Antalya.
Can you point me to the a company that does this?

Dave

OP
OP
D

David Bennet

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
none
can't happen because there is no such rental service anywhere cross Europe? what about hiring more than 1 time between countries (i.e. pick up in Munich, drop off in Zurich, pick up in Zurich and drop off in Sofia etc) ?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi David

I think the general feeling is that this is going to be very difficult with either one hire or multiple hires, apart from anything I imagine it would be very expensive, you might be better to think about buying a van and then selling it after the trip if you dont want to continue the lifestyle, or do you want to stay in Turkey?

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

David Bennet

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
none
flying back to London from Turkey. Ok, it seems from the comments this is may be too ambitious, so will have to re-scope it..

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just a quick google and I can't find one that will allow you to leave the country it was hired in be that the UK or an EU country. No doubt their are some, but from that I think its unlikely any would allow travel outside the EU, And even more unlikely you could just leave it in Turkey.
One option is to hire to the border of say France and arrange to pick up another in Italy, then continue this process till you got to Turkey, this I would imagine would be horrendously expensive.

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
I toured Turkey 3 years ago . I do believe that a van has to leave Turkey
With the owner . The one and only Don Madge was always the man on all things Turkish . Look on magbaz travels .
Having said that things are changing in Turkey all the time .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i have friends who sadly bought a retirement home in turkey. away from the heavily guarded tourist spots, it can be very dangerous. uk rental firms are restricted by their insurance to mainland european countries. even then such a long trip will be massively expensive

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I toured Turkey 3 years ago . I do believe that a van has to leave Turkey
With the owner . The one and only Don Madge was always the man on all things Turkish . Look on magbaz travels .
Having said that things are changing in Turkey all the time .

Yes and not for the better......

I've driven over to Turkey 3 times in the last 4 years and yes you can temporarily import your vehicle for private use as long as it is registered in the country of residence. The Turkish government have strict rules in place regarding the import of foreign vehicles and, although it is possible to keep your UK car in Turkey for 6 months, it then has to leave the country for at least 6 months or you face paying hefty taxes and risk the car being taken and impounded.
Rental or hired vehicles may be temporarily imported, upon presentation of a valid rental contract, for the term of the contract. In case of doubt about the validity of the contract, a Turkish translation may be required.
The vehicle is stamped and registered in the drivers passport and must leave with you when depart Turkey. Failing that, you should get permission for leaving the country without the vehicle by applying to the nearest customs administration and signing a commitment within the General Customs Communiqué about the temporary importation and then leaving it at a customs office compound for a maximum of a month at a daily charge.
It's also unlawful and subject to penalty, to sell the vehicle in Turkey
Remember nothing you do in Turkey is ever simple and requires a forest of documents to be signed.

Pete

OP
OP
D

David Bennet

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
none
NEW ROUTE: Zurich-Vaduz-Vienna-Ljubljana-Sarajevo-Dubrovnik (and flight back to London).
So any recommendation on a rental company for this route?
@nicholsong, what is the issue passing via Vaduz?

OP
OP
D

David Bennet

Free Member
Dec 17, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
none
NEW ROUTE: Zurich-Vaduz-Vienna-Ljubljana-Sarajevo-Dubrovnik (and flight back to London).
So any recommendation on a rental company for this route?
@nicholsong, what is the issue passing via Vaduz?

And will consider to rent from Germany as I heard it's cheaper there (is it?)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back