Van is a IH so reasonable small size

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Its not the vans actual size but whether it complies with LEZ conditions as to if you can enter London LEZ zone without penalty,,Check on line,,BUSBY,,

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There are a few sites that you could look up, all with transport links to the Central London area. These are: Abbey Wood, Chrystal Palace and Lee Valley.
As @busby says, make sure that you check that your van is compliant with the LEZ. Just pop your reg’ number into the Transport fo London website (tfl.gov.uk).
As you know, there are London zones to be aware of; the LEZ (Low emissions zone) a CC Zone (Congestion Charge zone) There is also a newish T-Charge zone affecting older vehicles. They all cover different areas and times, so it’s advisable to look ‘em up - particularly the LEZ because routes to these campsites fall within this zone.

Travelling around London is easy. More buses, tube and mainline trains than you can shake a stick at! Make your way to Westminster tube station....... The River Thames, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Downing Street, Horseguards Parade, Trafalgar Square, all within 5 minutes walk.

Enjoy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
If you are compliant and are planning on coming on a weekend , there's lots of good free parking after 18:30 Friday until 08:30 Monday near me .
Message me if you want for details.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thank you wingman
Kevinthecat
Would love more details please, how do I msg you
Click on his Avatar and then click on start a conversation ..Busby.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
What I find amusing/bizarre , during the week the madness of traffic congestion and price of parking is ridiculous but that’s the way it is . BUT at weekends you can park for free on single yellows for as long as you want within the central area . I park up many a time free around Victoria within sight and walking distance of Houses of Parliament !

OP
OP
tinkerbell
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Both of us have bus passes, can we use these on London busses

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We have stayed at Lee Valley (we have an IH). Site was fine,although there were lots of worker staying there in February. I think it’s okay for public transport into the city, but we used my daughters car when we were there so never had to use bus or tube. Reception did have timetables thought

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Both of us have bus passes, can we use these on London busses
Most local councils outside London who provide free bus passes have restrictions regarding the area they cover so its worth visiting your local council website who issued your bus pass before travelling.
As for reasonably priced overnight parking when visiting London - my first choice would be staying safe outside the capital at the Caravan and Motorhome Club Bearsted Site near Maidstone with a short drive up to the Ebbsfleet station with fast trains into London.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

how long since you rode a london bus most are in bus lanes from end to end of their route run to time mostly and you can get phone apps that tell you how long it will be

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back