Locker storage (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2017
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer S
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anyone any tips/ideas for maximising or organising locker storage?

Our van is small but has lots of overhead lockers and would like to pack them efficiently.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve found the lock shut tupperware type containers ideal for foodstuff rice pasta flour and open plastic baskets for other stuff

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
nothing heavy in our top boxes seen to many damage tables and smashed cooker lids on here over the years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
How to make your cupboards bigger!

For our Hymercar Ayers Rock I have fitted a few upgrades with more to come which have required taking down the cupboards in the kitchen and dinette area which was quite a traumatic experience as I always seem to have lots of left over screws.

What I noticed was that the cupboards have a curved backboard which restricts the space going up into the the corner of the van roof. I removed the cupboard backboards and replaced with a sheet of bubble wrap and then refitted the cupboards which are now larger being deeper and higher and can accommodate more bulky items.

Convert the gas locker

Our Hymercar Ayers Rock is a 5.4m PVC with a fixed rear bed and a gas locker which is accessed from the van rear doors. We live down south but nevertheless I had Autogas2000 Leisure in Thirsk convert to an underslung refillable tank. This freed up a massive amount of space in the gas locker full storage and it is really useful for storing all the tools, hoses, hook-up leads and other junk that you need when when you were touring in the van. I can pile the locker high with stuff and I get a lot more stuff in the locker then I can get into boxes.

Other spaces

Despite being such a supposedly well-designed Hymer van there are numerous nooks and crannies under seats or hidden behind panels that could be used for additional storage. A good example is the storage area above the cab where the end panels can be removed to give up enough space to store a small fire extinguisher. In places where storage has been provided there is not maximum use of space which has left hidden voids. It seems that the designers had a lack of imagination. Gradually I will get access to that unused space.

Mark

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Go minimalist,god that takes some typing when one is pistolated :LOL:
Keep everything to a minimum.
Use bags instead of boxes which waste space.
Wrap in bubble wrap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back