Lisbon Area Overnighting (1 Viewer)

Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
detleffs
Apologies for being lazy and not picking through lots of threads. We’re planning to visit Lisbon early next week on our way North. What is a good place to stay to visit the City please? We’re 7.5m. Happy to commute in if there are good options near buses or trains. Thank you.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Apologies for being lazy and not picking through lots of threads. We’re planning to visit Lisbon early next week on our way North. What is a good place to stay to visit the City please? We’re 7.5m. Happy to commute in if there are good options near buses or trains. Thank you.

We stayed in the carpark next to the fire station at Cacilhas earlier this year. It's €2 of 24hrs, but it is just a carpark with no services.
Its a ten minute walk to the ferry which drops you off on the Lisbon central waterfront. The ferry crossing is €3.50 return.
On your way down to the ferry you will find an old sailed frigate which is worth a look around for an hour.

Park-up for Lisbon

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
We Stayed at Lisbon camping, and there is a bus that takes you into town, or electric bikes. Lots of up hill.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
You can stay in the waterfront car park at the Seixal ferry terminal across the Tagus. It’s a couple of € a night and the fast ferry drops you into central Lisbon for IIRC €5ish return.

There was a dedicated moho aire under construction at the terminal which may now be open - directly opposite the terminal entrance on the main road.

Seixal waterfront itself has several bars and restaurants.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can stay in the waterfront car park at the Seixal ferry terminal across the Tagus. It’s a couple of € a night and the fast ferry drops you into central Lisbon for (IIRC €5ish return).

There was a dedicated moho aire under construction at the terminal which may now be open - directly opposite the terminal entrance on the main road.

Seixal waterfront itself has several bars and restaurants.
We stayed there a few years ago, great spot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 196
Exp
We stayed in Campismo Lisboa but it was the most expensive site so far on our travels around 40euros per night. We were stuck in the furthest part of the park far away from the loos and showers. Not great value for money. Bus is a 40 minute journey into town and you had to change to the metro or another bus to get to the centre. We bought a transport ticket which was good value at around 10euros for 24 hours.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We are at Orbitur in Cascais at the moment.

It's a 5 min Uber or a 15 min bus ride to the station where you can get directly into Belem and Lisbon on the commuter trains which run every 10-15 mins.
Facilities are OK, site is in a weird dune forest of trees, so you have to pick out where you are going before you drive there.
Bar, Pool, showers/EHU etc. €23 p/n

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
When we stayed there about 5 years ago, it took over an hour to get booked in, and then it was expensive and really scruffy, had it improved?
Booking was smooth, improved not sure as I haven't been before. Expensive but close to Lisbon, with a bus service. Would I stay there again? No.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We are at Orbitur in Cascais at the moment.

It's a 5 min Uber or a 15 min bus ride to the station where you can get directly into Belem and Lisbon on the commuter trains which run every 10-15 mins.
Facilities are OK, site is in a weird dune forest of trees, so you have to pick out where you are going before you drive there.
Bar, Pool, showers/EHU etc. €23 p/n
Another shout out for Orbitur Guincho - basic site, great staff, easy commute to Cascais for the train to Lisbon (you can take a sea view route too). We were there in Dec/Jan/Feb for 9 weeks as our motorbike broke down and was in the garage for 7 weeks!

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Another shout out for Orbitur Guincho - basic site, great staff, easy commute to Cascais for the train to Lisbon (you can take a sea view route too). We were there in Dec/Jan/Feb for 9 weeks as our motorbike broke down and was in the garage for 7 weeks!
I think 7 days on that site would be more than enough for me.
As you say, it's basic and all a bit 'tired'.

I think I would have left the motorbike in the garage and gone off elsewhere for a couple of months.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I think 7 days on that site would be more than enough for me.
As you say, it's basic and all a bit 'tired'.

I think I would have left the motorbike in the garage and gone off elsewhere for a couple of months.

If we had known it would take 7 weeks we would have gone elsewhere. They were closed for 2 weeks over Christmas.

They thought they had resolved the issue on two occasions so we picked it up twice, only for the same problem to appear again and we had to be recovered back to the garage! Such is life 🤪😁

We made the best of it and enjoyed the location and site to its fullest 😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back