Rally Lincoln Motorhome Show (2 Viewers)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
I'm not certain but guessing that's a reference to the marquee. I hardy ever go in marquees at rallies these days because background noise (especially when there is music) makes it difficult to hear people speaking. I have, though, wandered round the rally field several times speaking to people, some of whom I knew and some of whom I didn't, and spoken to Funsters in the exhibition area.
Was good to meet you Graham too.

I think the start of Strictly Come Dancing also made for light numbers......

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Do I don't I put myself in the firing line but as there are plenty of us FUN ? members here the turn out this afternoon was poor and tonight we'll I can't even put it to words how disappointed I feel considering apparently Jim drove over to deliver badges when his daughter is ill. A bit of support here to what I thought would be a great experience but am getting frustrated
Ray
Was that for a specific event or time? We walked around the show twice and couldn't see a FUNSTER place as we have previously. Did see quite a few FUNSTERS with their badges so obviously got them from somewhere. Didn't know there was anything organised but that's probably because I have other priorities before we get to a meet but woukd definitely pop past as always have done.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Was that for a specific event or time? We walked around the show twice and couldn't see a FUNSTER place as we have previously. Did see quite a few FUNSTERS with their badges so obviously got them from somewhere. Didn't know there was anything organised but that's probably because I have other priorities before we get to a meet but woukd definitely pop past as always have done.
The FUN stand in the exhibition isn't here because Jim was unable to come but there are plenty of vans in the FUN camping area (as marked in the show brochure).

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I'm afraid after two 13 hour days we simply hit the sack. :oops2: We'll be over for the band tonight though. :happy:

A lot also arrived latish yesterday afternoon after long journeys.

Sorry if the lack of attendees to the marquee is frustrating you. Hopefully you will see a difference tonight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
I'm not certain but guessing that's a reference to the marquee. I hardy ever go in marquees at rallies these days because background noise (especially when there is music) makes it difficult to hear people speaking. I have, though, wandered round the rally field several times speaking to people, some of whom I knew and some of whom I didn't, and spoken to Funsters in the exhibition area.
We also have met and spoken to several funsters also during the day but my comments just come from the fact that there are a large amount of vans here even before we arrived yesterday at lunchtime. We did receive a printout of events for the weekend but can't recall seeing a mention of a band tonight so hope there is. Edit , found printout and yes band tonight so let's hope for good turnout.The reason I have posted my comments are I feel it's a shame that with a club this size there were only a few last night.
Ray

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ray.

The printouts were hand modified to say that the Funster band are playing tonight. Unfortunately it seems some may have been missed.

We also don't have the whiteboard to write up events. Sorry about that.

Robin & Hilary

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Hi Ray.

The printouts were hand modified to say that the Funster band are playing tonight. Unfortunately it seems some may have been missed.

We also don't have the whiteboard to write up events. Sorry about that.

Robin & Hilary
Thanks for explaining but I did receive printout with the mention of the band and have edited my last post so I apologise for not reading again before posting but let's hope for a lively night. We're seen how good the band are at previous meets.
Ray

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Same reason as Meanders, not a good journey yesterday, tired and just wanting to chill out after dinner. I know some went to the official entertainment, as they will tonight. But fear not. Saturday at a Funster do is always the main night. :party2::wine::party2::cheers:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for stopping by yesterday Graham. Good to chat (y)

Reactions: GJH
Oct 30, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer b508
Hi should be arriving sometime this afternoon . Van in garage awaiting repair clutch cable snapped .we are in Throne so not that far away

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi should be arriving sometime this afternoon . Van in garage awaiting repair clutch cable snapped .we are in Throne so not that far away
OK. No marshalling today, so if you get to the Fun area and there is no one in on the bus side of the marquee, there is plenty of space at the far end of the section, and you can park yourselves up. Please leave 6 metres between you and the other vans. If you need water. Head to the right side of the marquee and you will see the showers and toilets. Just past that is a fresh water tap.

Keep on that road. Turn left at the first Road, then right at the track to park up.

Pop by later and we'll find you a newsletter etc.

Hope the rest of your journey is uneventful.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
What time are the festivities kicking off tonight?

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe heading to the show just for the day tomorrow,weather permitting.So just
wondering is it worth the trip?:confused:

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Funsters in Wetherspoons....fancy that!!
WP_20160924_16_53_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20160924_16_53_46_Pro.jpg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Maybe heading to the show just for the day tomorrow,weather permitting.So just wondering is it worth the trip?:confused:
It depends what you are after. We bought a table of the type we have been wanting for a couple of years and one or two other bits but not impressed overall. There seem to be less accessory stalls than at previous shows and some relevant ones have been replaced by market stalls. There has always been one selling bags, purses, wallets &c but there must be at least 4 this time.
We think we will be away reasonably early in the morning, rather than stay until Monday, as we've been round the show 4 or 5 times and seen everything of interest more than once.

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
We went to the show today on our way home from our Suffolk holiday (would have been rude not to, virtually passing on the A1 :D). Saw a few funster badges but didn't feel brave enough to accost strangers - especially as we are not actually motorhomers yet :notworthy:. We did intend to have a look around the 'vans there 'cos we are nosey, but once there didn't seem interested now we have ordered ours. We did buy a small pressure cooker though, as I have been looking for one, so far unsuccessfully.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
We went to the show today on our way home from our Suffolk holiday (would have been rude not to, virtually passing on the A1 :D). Saw a few funster badges but didn't feel brave enough to accost strangers - especially as we are not actually motorhomers yet :notworthy:. We did intend to have a look around the 'vans there 'cos we are nosey, but once there didn't seem interested now we have ordered ours. We did buy a small pressure cooker though, as I have been looking for one, so far unsuccessfully.
Don't be frightened of accosting me or any of the brilliant friends I've made since joining MH fun. I've motorhomed on my own for 6 yrs before I came across this group. Best thing I've ever done. That's why I wear my badge with pride!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Don't be frightened of accosting me or any of the brilliant friends I've made since joining MH fun. I've motorhomed on my own for 6 yrs before I came across this group. Best thing I've ever done. That's why I wear my badge with pride!
Good to meet you Wendy.......

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
It depends what you are after. We bought a table of the type we have been wanting for a couple of years and one or two other bits but not impressed overall. There seem to be less accessory stalls than at previous shows and some relevant ones have been replaced by market stalls. There has always been one selling bags, purses, wallets &c but there must be at least 4 this time.
We think we will be away reasonably early in the morning, rather than stay until Monday, as we've been round the show 4 or 5 times and seen everything of interest more than once.

We have been a few times just for the day and have noticed the accessories stalls have decreased. Still think it's worth a look as
I'm after some awning tie downs,has anyone one spotted any
And can point me in the right direction?(y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
We have been a few times just for the day and have noticed the accessories stalls have decreased. Still think it's worth a look as
I'm after some awning tie downs,has anyone one spotted any
And can point me in the right direction?(y)
Our own funsters @jezport have a stand Parrotsol that do tie downs... and funsters discount I believe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back