Lightweight recliners , preferably with foot rest (1 Viewer)

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Over the years we have had a few varieties of camping chairs / recliners etc , our current recliners are very heavy and seem to have a mind of their own when being erected.
Im tired of being the guy on on the site fighting with his chairs :rolleyes:
Looking for
1- Comfort
2- Lightweight
3- easy erection (pardon`)
What have you ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We finally succumbed to buying decent ones.
On the moselle last week amidst 6 concordes 2 morellos a couple of those niesmann things and 3 huge coaches so we looked at their chairs and concensus came down to the style you describe.
Tight fisted git that i am i did loads of research and came up with the Amazon product ASIN B07Q597VJTwhich are the cheapest by my reckoning as they work out normally at about a ton apiece but these are £135 for 2. Expecting them today

OP
OP
SD j

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
We finally succumbed to buying decent ones.
On the moselle last week amidst 6 concordes 2 morellos a couple of those niesmann things and 3 huge coaches so we looked at their chairs and concensus came down to the style you describe.
Tight fisted git that i am i did loads of research and came up with the Amazon product ASIN B07Q597VJTwhich are the cheapest by my reckoning as they work out normally at about a ton apiece but these are £135 for 2. Expecting them today
It would be great if you could post your opinion when they arrive , I can't see a weight listed but ill have a google.
Our current ones are Kampa but steel framed monsters

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have just bought a couple of Outwell chairs we have our first trip and I'm pleased with them, a bit bulky but very comfortable

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
It would be great if you could post your opinion when they arrive , I can't see a weight listed but ill have a google.
Our current ones are Kampa but steel framed monsters
The chair (without foot rest) comes in at a whopping 5.2 kgs. Footrest is 1.3 kgs so the pair of them come in at 13kgs which I didnt think was too bad.
Will update when they come in

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have the same dilemma as the OP.
I've been looking at Isobella Thor with optional foot rest.
Seems to tick most of the boxes, went to my local caravan accessory shop last week as I knew they sold them, only to be met by a very grumpy assistant who didn't want me to touch any stock as they'd have to sanitise it afterwards 😟
I'd wanted to sit in them and a few others before buying.
I left empty handed, and still using my heavyweight mail online anti gravity things.
I suppose its the new normal but takes some getting used to 😟

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
SD j On Sunday we bought two Isabella Loke High back chairs and footrests from Winchester Caravans, got a good price, that afternoon had a fantastic snooze in the garden , so comfortable. And folds quite slim :cool: (y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We have these and here is why..

1. Cheap. ;)
2. Can be used under a table when sitting and eating meals. No bar in the way and go upright.
3. Clip on optional footrest for use as a recliner
4. Not to wide, so when used in a Marque or other gathering situation they dont take up loads of space.
5. Ok 5kg but really not that heavy.
6. The backs are not that tall so easier if you have to manouver into a locker etc.
7. Cheap.. :rofl:

Other retailers are available.

OP
OP
SD j

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Loads of good suggestions (y)

Aug 16, 2018
West Wiltshire
Funster No
Exp
Long time
Have used trigano folding chairs for a few years now, got them at the nec show and had a good deal with a few other bits.

Aug 14, 2017
Princes Risborough
Funster No
MH
Fleurette
Exp
18 months
We have two Isabella Thor chairs with footrests. They are very comfortable and lightweight. I would definitely recommend even though they are a bit pricy.

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I love my lafumas. Comfy enough to sleep in, fairly light (ie lil ol me can heft them around fairly easily) fold easily. Not cheap, but have lasted well. I’ve had them four years and they are just about ready for restringing, now. My only issue is you can’t really eat at the table in them. Small price to pay, for me. I have a tray!

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
What ever you decide on make sure they are aluminium. Nice and light then. We’re in lafuma fan club, they’re alli so quite light and come with optional footrest so can sit at table with them

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I did the. Same as many, bought numerous cheap chairs all without exception rubbish. This year bought two Dundalk Aspen with add on footrests. Problem sorted, comfortable and very light. In fact sat on one now, so I’ll push the recline and have a snooze now

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
3C7DBB40-91E0-4F85-B0BE-EEE121ED9D94.jpeg
Just took delivery of 2 Isabella Thor chairs yesterday, wife trying it in the lounge. 😳 Got a big thumbs up for comfort.

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
Laguna because they're rated for heavy people, my husband leaves a trail of broken chairs in his wake...

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I have a tray and a sunshield! Excellent when working from home in the garden with a laptop perched on a cushion perched on my lap. Too big for my camper van though.

I tell people I have a garage for the bikes so we can get around, bring green and staying fit. Really, I have it for the Lafumas for lounging around in. 🤣

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Over the years we have had a few varieties of camping chairs / recliners etc , our current recliners are very heavy and seem to have a mind of their own when being erected.
Looking for
1- Comfort
2- Lightweight
What have you ?
Got our Kampa ones today and seriously impressed. Lovely material and very comfortable. Light as a feather but they do weigh 5 kilos if that makes sense.
Now we live with the inlaws. They are in the annexe. They have been motorhoming for at least 30 years so we have 2 motorhomes on the driveway !
Unfortunately i was at work when they arrived, the wife opened them and tried them then shouted through to inlaws who tried them. They are now thinking about buying a couple but without stool, but may change their mind and have the stool for at home but not take that away with them as they are in a little globetrotter thing so space is limited for them.
I am well pleased. Wife has had more practice than me at opening them and there does appear to be a tactic which i didnt get on my first attempt but she appears a dab hand already.
Ordered on Sunday off amazon and got here today (wednesday)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We've used a couple of old aluminium & textoline garden chairs for the past few years - I found them comfy enough but hubby wanted to get some nicer ones.
Have now upgraded to a couple of Quest Elite Naples Pro Comfort Chairs - we spent a good hour at a camping shop with lots on display trying them out and comparing them (before lockdown) and these were the most comfortable ones we found. At 5.6kg each they're fine weight-wise, no idea how useful the side table will be....will have to wait see. The matching footrest is about 1.5kg, but it has two legs so its self-supporting (which could be useful?).

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
Looking for
1- Comfort
2- Lightweight
What have you ?
I was so pleased someone asked this question as it was also what we needed. That post could have been my very own words... Upon all the recommendations I sent for two Thor chairs with footrests under the guise of hubbies birthday.....🤣👍🏻. Saved my birthday money for mine!!!! Ordered on eBay from Cannock Caravan Accessories on Thursday afternoon and they were stood up against the front door Friday morning when back from walking the dog at 9.30, free delivery too. Very impressed with service and the chairs are lovely, so comfortable, sitting in mine now, though at home in the garden.
Thanks for the recommendations 😁.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Looking for
1- Comfort
2- Lightweight
What have you ?
Dukdalf Aspens with foot rest. Dutch made and very light and got a reputation for lasting a long time. We bought ours after getting recommendations from two different couples who had had theirs for over 10 years. We use them for sitting at the table, relaxing, and sunbathing. They can go almost flat so you can lie on your stomach when sunbathing.

The only downside is that they are not cheap. We got ours from here.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Dukdalf Aspens with foot rest.
Just want to make it clear that the rumours that Duckdalf is a love child of a duck and Gandalf the wizard are not true.........

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've got a pair of Outwell Kenai chairs plus Zion footrests https://www.outwell.com/en-gb/ecommerce/camping-furniture/camping-chairs which we bought having tried two other (expensive) recliners. Our criteria was size and weight and these have worked out perfectly for us. Additionally without the footrests they are fully useable as ordinary camping chairs whilst sitting at a table. Not the cheapest on the market but have lasted us at least 5 years with no signs of wear or failure.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have the same dilemma as the OP.
I've been looking at Isobella Thor with optional foot rest.
Seems to tick most of the boxes, went to my local caravan accessory shop last week as I knew they sold them, only to be met by a very grumpy assistant who didn't want me to touch any stock as they'd have to sanitise it afterwards 😟
I'd wanted to sit in them and a few others before buying.
I left empty handed, and still using my heavyweight mail online anti gravity things.
I suppose its the new normal but takes some getting used to 😟
I bought 2 Thors last year,,bit heavy,one arm broke,,replaced cheaply.Bought black ones,bad mistake..Not as good as my old Duckdalk..BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back