Light over driver seats (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I want to add a strip light over the driver / passenger seats as it is quite dark compared to the rest of the van. I am going to use a Dometic Busbar fitting to match the rets of the van.

Where is the easiest place to get a feed?

Our van is a 2018 Campscout Revolution

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
I want to add a strip light over the driver / passenger seats as it is quite dark compared to the rest of the van. I am going to use a Dometic Busbar fitting to match the rets of the van.

Where is the easiest place to get a feed?

Our van is a 2018 Campscout Revolution

I ran a cable from the 12V junction box in the cupboard above the table. The cable then comes out of the cupboard top right and down the narrow gap to the right of the cupboard. I then fed it behind the trim that runs down the B pillar - i didn't need to fully remove the trim, i just pulled it away enough so i could feed the cable through. My led light strip went all the way around the cab but you could feed along under the trim to wherever your light will be.
I'm sure the others will be along soon with more/better options.

Just noticed that you have a Revolution so I'm not sure it's the same as my short Campscout.

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I ran a cable from the 12V junction box in the cupboard above the table. The cable then comes out of the cupboard top right and down the narrow gap to the right of the cupboard. I then fed it behind the trim that runs down the B pillar - i didn't need to fully remove the trim, i just pulled it away enough so i could feed the cable through. My led light strip went all the way around the cab but you could feed along under the trim to wherever your light will be.
I'm sure the others will be along soon with more/better options.

Just noticed that you have a Revolution so I'm not sure it's the same as my short Campscout.

I think the wiring in the Revolution is a bit different as there isn’t a junction box in the cupboard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Like this?

1550696073192886817045.jpg

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
For some reason our Revolutions not got the supply box in the cupboard or not obvious anyway. I think it is in the area hidden behind some of the panelling (Globecar do seem to work hard at hiding their cabling)
Ours is a x250 model though inside the layout is more or less the same
I took a feed from the control box under the passenger seat and run the cables up the pillar
Actually two cables as it was a good spot for the earth connection
We fitted one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Delu...Boat-Marine-/253137649132?hash=item3af02dfdec some funster had fitted them previously and I liked the look of them
Decent light for reading and adjustable brightness

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Thanks everyone. I will have another check for a junction box and if I can’t find one follow Garfield’s suggestion.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Thanks everyone. I will have another check for a junction box and if I can’t find one follow Garfield’s suggestion.
Be careful about putting too much stuff on the passenger side lighting circuit as it runs the whole side including bathroom and rear interior lights.
Let me know how you go as I am going to need to do the same job in my Revolution.

Probably will need to take a new circuit from the EBL as its not hard to run a cable up to above the cab

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I put a light in over the cab area and also one in the rear bed area too, both are linked to the lighting circuit on the passenger side but it isn't an issue as they're never on at the same time and rarely, if ever, is the shower/toilet on on too.

https://globecarcampscoutinfo.yolasite.com/services-and-av.php

OP
OP
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Be careful about putting too much stuff on the passenger side lighting circuit as it runs the whole side including bathroom and rear interior lights.
Let me know how you go as I am going to need to do the same job in my Revolution.

Probably will need to take a new circuit from the EBL as its not hard to run a cable up to above the cab

I think you are right and there is a nice easy route to do this.

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
For some reason our Revolutions not got the supply box in the cupboard or not obvious anyway. I think it is in the area hidden behind some of the panelling (Globecar do seem to work hard at hiding their cabling)
Ours is a x250 model though inside the layout is more or less the same
I took a feed from the control box under the passenger seat and run the cables up the pillar
Actually two cables as it was a good spot for the earth connection
We fitted one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Delu...Boat-Marine-/253137649132?hash=item3af02dfdec some funster had fitted them previously and I liked the look of them
Decent light for reading and adjustable brightness

Also available on Amazon slightly cheaper, and with Prime delivery if you have Prime.

Dream Lighting Caravan Ceiling Lights 12v LED Interior Lamps Motorhome Boat RV 4 Modes Setting Warm White Amazon product ASIN B07CGBN7FY
I bought the 4-segment version to replace the main cab light, which was a really, really simple swap over. It literally took minutes to do.

Over the cab I'm thinking a length of leftover led strip in a diffuser channel, fed via a dimmer knob.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back