Levanto A576 Living area TV 12v socket (1 Viewer)

Ben Wilkes

Free Member
Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
Fitting 240v/12v TV to my 2010 Burstner, my first motorhome. On the control panel in the living area there’s a domestic 240v 3 pin socket, TV aerial socket and a 12v Hella type socket. I have an Hella adaptor, which I’ve tested on my motorbike and it’s working however, when I try to power the TV from this socket there’s no power to TV.

Tested TV and all leads on other 12v sockets in the cab and another vehicle and everywhere else it works fine. Checked the fuse for the socket and even replaced with a known working one, there is power coming to the socket when I tried with a tester but when I try TV, nothing. My only thought is that the socket has been wired incorrectly and it’s never come to notice (the vehicle has had little use). Anyone ever come across such a problem or any other ideas as to the issue please? Leisure battery is fully charged.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Unfortunately, I've no idea but I'm sure there'll be loads who can assist soon but
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Don't see how there can be power going to the socket and not the TV when plugged into the adapter it must be the socket or adapter. If its not too much hassle can you rig it temporary from the wiring to see if it works then? or perhaps its wired the wrong way around?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ben Wilkes

Ben Wilkes

Free Member
Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
That’s my thought that the socket has been wired the wrong way round. Having just taken the dog a walk (when all my best ideas come to me), I’m sure hidden in my toolbox, from the days of my Morris 1000 (giving my age away now) I have a voltage tester that will show which parts of the socket have which polarity.

Don't see how there can be power going to the socket and not the TV when plugged into the adapter it must be the socket or adapter. If its not too much hassle can you rig it temporary from the wiring to see if it works then? or perhaps its wired the wrong way around?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
put each lead to an earth on the body through a bulb provided the vehicle battery is wired correctly you will soon know

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back