LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks for the information on the tyres Lenny. I have the "standard" Michelin Agilis campers and they are terrible. I have dropped the pressures but show them anything slightly steep and damp especially if there is a turn involved and they just spin. Traction control cuts in and goes mental. Even with the pressure dropped it is a very hard ride.
That is what was happening with mine and the ride was a boneshaker even with full air suspension.
Ride is now smoother than most cars pure luxury they seem to work well with the air suspension.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Atrocious weather today, picked up my light from Becks now on the officle SP at Koln. My wallet is about to jump ship €12.
Nice evening the sun came out.

IMG_20201023_173930_copy_1024x768.jpg

IMG_20201023_174050_copy_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Was going to walk into Koln today and have a look at the cathedral, just gone off the idea you have to wear masks in the city. I can't handle that at the moment I get short of breath and panicy. Also a high risk area and me being very weak at the moment I think it's best to steer clear.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I am not a paranoid person but you are right to take care and no unnecessary risks Lenny HB

after all its only a Cathedral ; now if it was a visit to the "Kolsch" brewery then .... ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lazyboy a bit disappointed with the tyres yesterday on hills and junctions the Traction kept cutting in. Only did bad a couple of times but dozens of times it cut in very lightly also quite often the light would flash on the dash but couldn't notice it working. Also ABS kept coming on when braking even braking lightly when going slow.
I've had the van 3½ years never had the ABS cut in before. As the Toyo's appear to have a lot more grip than the Michelins I tend to think is was probably down to the road surface.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Lazyboy a bit disappointed with the tyres yesterday on hills and junctions the Traction kept cutting in. Only did bad a couple of times but dozens of times it cut in very lightly also quite often the light would flash on the dash but couldn't notice it working. Also ABS kept coming on when braking even braking lightly when going slow.
I've had the van 3½ years never had the ABS cut in before. As the Toyo's appear to have a lot more grip than the Michelins I tend to think is was probably down to the road surface.
You doing too many burnouts from the lights....😀

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Going very slow and ABS cutting in seems more of a fault than tyre issues to me and as the traction control is interconnected with the ABS it may be an electronic issue. It may be worth getting a diagnostic meter on it.
Take care and watch those expenses!!

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Hi Lenny...something you didn't mention in previous posts was, how you managed to summon medical services on a Sunday (when you fell ill).

Guess you must have phoned an emergency number and they sent a paramedic to your Stellplatz location to assess your medical situation.

Might help others stranded in a foreign country with a medical emergency (not fluent in the local language) to know what the procedures are.

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Good to see the emergency services Mi training instruction is in full swing :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back