Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We will be in Northern Spain in a couple days. We have a month to kill before meeting family members at a drop zone in Seville at the end of April. We were going to head to Portugal and meander along the coast and into Spain. But I’ve been looking at the weather in on the med and it looks awesome.

How would you use a month on the way to Seville?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We have had very good weather for the last 2 months or so at La Villa Joisa and looks like it will continue for the foreseeable future. It did rain yesterday but that was the first day of rain since early January. I would head for the Med.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We will be in Northern Spain in a couple days. We have a month to kill before meeting family members at a drop zone in Seville at the end of April. We were going to head to Portugal and meander along the coast and into Spain. But I’ve been looking at the weather in on the med and it looks awesome.

I would drive straight across Spain to the Med and head South for about 300 miles

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Visit Platja D'Aro and go to Platja Rovira, just to the north. It's a lovely beach. We often stay at the Hotel Costa Brava and have a room over-looking the beach. It's so relaxing. In the town, there are so many restaurants to choose from, too :)

Reactions: Jim

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We are currently in Zaragoza, heading in the opposite direction but it's worth a stop over and look round.

There is a free aire with services, with a tram stop opposite that takes you into the town for €1.60 each and a Carrefour supermarket a 5 minute walk from the aire.

The weather looks good for the next week here too (y)

Enjoy your trip.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We have had some folk from Portugal arrive on Villasol this week who must be desperate, they say the weather this winter has been the worst, wet and very windy.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years

On a sun lounger g&t at hand sun glasses on and chill oh don't forget to keep up to date with the forum.:cool::cool:

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Jim We have spent a lot of time in both Spain and Portugal….. previously in our sailing boat which had in the Med for almost 20 years and in our MoHo during the last 6 or so. Obviously, I do not know how well you know Spain or Portugal and where you may previously have been. So only you can decide what you want to see/do.

However, if it is sun you are seeking after our rather miserable winter in the UK, I would suggest you avoid the West Coast and Portugal on the way south, as at this time of year the weather is less predictable….. you might be lucky, but you may get a fair bit of rain with the weather systems coming in from the Atlantic. We will be arriving in Bilbao in a couple of weeks and will not hesitate to head South-East to the Med coast south of Valencia as directly and quickly as possible. Of course, there are many interesting places to visit in central Spain, but as this is mainly on a high plateau (Madrid is the highest Capital in Europe above sea level), the weather can be somewhat cooler. From Valencia, you may well enjoy ambling around the Med coast…..possibly all the way to Gibraltar, before heading to Seville. Two highlights you could consider en route are Cartagena (the Easter time processions of the penitents dressed almost like the KKK, we found worthwhile stopping over for) and Granada (for the best Tapas, we thought on a bit of a Pub crawl with MoHo buddies) and whilst there (if you have not previously visited) the amazing Alhambra.

For your return northbound, a month is so later (in May?), travelling along the Portuguese coast is likely to be better for sunny/warm weather.

I am sure you will have a great time, whatever you decide to do. Of all the guides for place to stay, we have found the “Search for Sites” App to be the most useful in Spain.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
We are currently in Zaragoza, heading in the opposite direction but it's worth a stop over and look round.

There is a free aire with services, with a tram stop opposite that takes you into the town for €1.60 each and a Carrefour supermarket a 5 minute walk from the aire.

The weather looks good for the next week here too (y)

Enjoy your trip.
could you ping that Aire for me please, am heading that way in 2days

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
Malaga city is really interesting and frequently overlooked. Anywhere in Andalusia is great, Seville, Córdoba, Grenada, and Cadiz. We had a house in Calahonda near Marbella for 12 years and loved the area.
Phil
What a coincidence. I used to have a house in Calahonda as well. Sold it about 15 years ago. You are right. It’s a lovely area

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
How about visiting the Alcazar de Segovia an interesting and pretty castle.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Head for the med, we did 6 weeks with lovely weather in January and February below is the route we took, cordoba was amazing stay on the aire next to the zoo.
20240312_072546.jpg

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
AND ... you could bring some stickers to put in the post for your Spanish resident members .... please ??
Send a bunch to me and I'll re-distribute ..

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Visit Platja D'Aro and go to Platja Rovira, just to the north. It's a lovely beach. We often stay at the Hotel Costa Brava and have a room over-looking the beach. It's so relaxing. In the town, there are so many restaurants to choose from, too :)
The first time I ever visited Spain was two weeks in Platja D’Aro with 5 friends when I was 21. We rented an apartment near the beach and had an absolutely fab time. In bars and night clubs every night and sleeping it off on the beach during the day. Oh to be 21 again.

Reactions: HKF

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you're considering crossing over towards Valencia then you LL know about the journal
Blog 'Spanish rehab thrournal' https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/journals/blog/spanish-rehab-thrournal.340/
We have just gone through Valencia which was interesting. Came out the other side and the decent Aires are fully booked so we have had to make do with this freebie 14 km cycle route into Valencia in the flat. Shed loads of room no facilities.
Valencia Fallas from now til 19th ish.
17102390488341315952268124782652.jpg

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Well worth stopping over in La Linea (Gibralter) in the port Aire. All facilities and walk in to Gibralter to top up at Waitrose if you wish.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back