LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello, relative Newbie wading in here! Shall I do a potted introduction, or unwittingly reveal my oddities as we go along?

Confession. I do not crochet! I knit, spin, sew (very badly) and generally make things I could have bought much more cheaply. I am assured that you are an equal opportunities crafting group, and I will not be discriminated again for my deficiencies!

I can’t crochet either, no matter how much I try :( But then I only graduated to knitting hats from squares a few months ago.

Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
20190613_072118.jpg

Meet George the giraffe who is for our new grand child in Australia

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello mart Love George, any grandchild is going to adore him.

We've just learned that our second granddaughter is expecting a baby, she had her first scan yesterday. I think this baby is going to unite two fractured families as each Great Grandmother works out who is making what. Actually I don't think Katy's Grandmother makes things so she'll probably want to be the one who buys the pram. We'll see.

Any favourite patterns you'd like to pass on>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello, relative Newbie wading in here! Shall I do a potted introduction, or unwittingly reveal my oddities as we go along?

Confession. I do not crochet! I knit, spin, sew (very badly) and generally make things I could have bought much more cheaply. I am assured that you are an equal opportunities crafting group, and I will not be discriminated again for my deficiencies!
I can’t do any even after lessons !!
But I love the thread and looking at all the wonderful crafts!
These very crafty ladies are very inclusive!!
Enjoy!!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988

We've just learned that our second granddaughter is expecting a baby, she had her first scan yesterday. I think this baby is going to unite two fractured families as each Great Grandmother works out who is making what. Actually I don't think Katy's Grandmother makes things so she'll probably want to be the one who buys the pram. We'll see.

Congratulations Pam exciting times ahead I’m sure you will make some beautiful things for the baby

Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014

I will ask the Grandmother to be when she gets home ?

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750

Welcome!
I think of crafting like sailing. The journey is just as interesting (or sometimes more interesting) as the destination. The making of an item is as satisfying, or sometimes more satisfying, as having the finished product.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
I've got my crochet bag out ...

It's a start ...

The throw I was making last year is three quarters finished but that last quarter is taking longer than all the rest.

I will do some, I will do some I WILL do some ... :LOL:

image.jpg
Ooh, ooh! Yay! A woman after my own heart... I am making a spectacles case... decided to line it.... have cut the lining and am presently at the potentially lengthy stage of “thinking about it” ref completion, I.e. sewing in lining and creating the actual ‘bag’. Truth is I don’t like the look of the fold-over bit. May have to unravel and use a plain colour for that bit. I bought a lovely button though ??

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Congratulations !

3000 posts on how to knot a piece of wool.

And not one on how to build a cold fusion reactor out of an old lawnmower and cappuccino machine.

I knot, therefore I am
You never know! Somebody may be working on the nuclear reactor thing x Might involve double trebles, a size 0 hook and following instruction; clearly won’t be me:giggle:

My name is Susan and I crochet, paint and draw. I am thoroughly incompetent at repurposing cappuccino machines into .. erm .. well anything actually.
In terms of engineering, my interest wanes very quickly. I understand righty tighty lefty loosie, but am most helpful when standing just out of the way quietly holding things. I am impressed but with very little comprehension when reading the “mods to your Motorhome “ posts.
My coffee machine has two and a bit compartments and goes on the hob.
I do not represent all females. LOL

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
one of those days ... all I have achieved is the knowledge that you can count up to 36 a dozen times .. . And sometimes you stop at 34 or 35 and sometimes you go on to 37 or 38 ... and never use dark purple wool. :mad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back