LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Virus shawl on a larger hook, complete with tassels :)

rsz_20190629_212402.jpg

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I still have a quilt in pieces that I planned for my baby niece. She’s fifteen now. I think my mum has one in pieces for my daughter, who is nine. (We have both made many other lovely things for all the children, I promise!)
I don't feel so bad now!
I have made quilts for grandsprogs #1, #2 and #3 but the pieces for #4 are kept securely in a box, 3yrs after cutting them! I need to get a move on with it as since then #5 has been born and #6 is due in October ?
However I haven't been home much since we got the boat in Greece and then, last year, the motor home.
I have a (very basic) machine on the boat but no flat space to make a quilt, and not enough payload in the motor home. Or flat space come to that!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I went back to knitting socks but have done very little since the start of June.

Not sure if I have caught a bug but am generally not feeling great - went to see the GP last Thursday but he had gone out on an emergency so saw the APN instead - who told me I needed to see the GP (I would never have guessed!!!) anyway I have an appointment for Tuesday, not with my own GP though.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I love the virus shawl and the bigger hook makes it so much better.

I bought some yarn in a clearance store, Avocet Garbo and have no idea what to do with it but maybe a shawl would be nice.

Beware - the pattern is quite addictive and I can't wait to start another one!

I am just eyeing up my massive bag of cotton yarns that I have been collecting from charity shops for many years :)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Virus shawl on a larger hook, complete with tassels :)

That looks lovely on the larger needles, and so speedy! I’m almost tempted to learn to crochet (because lace patterns are not fun to knit, for me, but look so pretty!) what size hook and weight of yarn did you use in the end?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
That looks lovely on the larger needles, and so speedy! I’m almost tempted to learn to crochet (because lace patterns are not fun to knit, for me, but look so pretty!) what size hook and weight of yarn did you use in the end?

It is probably equivalent to 4ply yarn and I used a 6mm hook.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I went back to knitting socks but have done very little since the start of June.

Not sure if I have caught a bug but am generally not feeling great - went to see the GP last Thursday but he had gone out on an emergency so saw the APN instead - who told me I needed to see the GP (I would never have guessed!!!) anyway I have an appointment for Tuesday, not with my own GP though.
Hope you feel better soon

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Sending PPP for you Helen.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Thanks for all the good wishes. I am pretty sure it is an issue with the crushed discs / vertebrae in my neck (car accident a few years back). It gives me terrific headaches and loss of feeling and control in (mostly) my left thumb and forefinger. Last time the GP suggested acupuncture so that might be worth a try. The drugs we have tried either didn't work or the side effects were unacceptable.

One thing that does help is gentle exercise such as cycling and kayaking! Swimming makes it worse.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Something to make for our men? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 314700

“People are loving them?” Who are these people? I shall ask Ken and get back to you.....
Ken said no thank you, the tassels would tickle his knees. I notice the chap on the right appears to be wearing dark socks. Always a fetching accessory for any short trouser. ?

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
“People are loving them?” Who are these people? I shall ask Ken and get back to you.....
Ken said no thank you, the tassels would tickle his knees. I notice the chap on the right appears to be wearing dark socks. Always a fetching accessory for any short trouser. ?

I swear these things do the rounds every summer. They are so not a thing, and have been worn by no one, ever. For obvious reasons - they are thoroughly absurd! ?

(Please excuse my grumpiness, I am sulking. The yellow cardigan is inexplicably about six inches narrower than its predecessor, and it was supposed to be a slightly looser fit. It is in time out until I can bring myself to block it and see if that helps, because everyone knows if you ignore your knitting it pulls itself together and rights itself.)

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Evidence that time out doesn’t work.

View attachment 315179
How annoying. You could give it a warning perhaps...try finger pointing and exasperated sighing “out damn knot” “expand or unravel “. Probably unsuccessful but may produce a smile. ?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks for all the good wishes. I am pretty sure it is an issue with the crushed discs / vertebrae in my neck (car accident a few years back). It gives me terrific headaches and loss of feeling and control in (mostly) my left thumb and forefinger. Last time the GP suggested acupuncture so that might be worth a try. The drugs we have tried either didn't work or the side effects were unacceptable.

One thing that does help is gentle exercise such as cycling and kayaking! Swimming makes it worse.

Friend has similar problem due to car ramming into her car few years ago. She finds chiropractic helps.
I’m just back from the vet with Holly. Big panic on my part as she collapsed in the field. Turns out she has the equivalent of sciatica, again as the result of the awful injuries she had as a youngster before I found her. She’s having laser therapy treatment at the vets. Only had her first treatment this afternoon.

Hope you can find something that helps.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Friend has similar problem due to car ramming into her car few years ago. She finds chiropractic helps.

I hope Holly is okay.

Chiropractic made a huge difference to my lower spine but they won't touch the neck having looked at the x-rays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back