LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan text me I have paypal will sort it for you if you want, we can square up at Chester.

Sue
These are screen shots .. one free if you buy 10 ..I need 10 in the top main pic pink one ... BUT I AM WAITING ON AN E MAIL FROM THEM AS IT NOT THE SUGGESTED WOOL. Cannot get the right wool ..

Will let you know when/if they reply. Xx

Screenshot_20190218-182310.png

Screenshot_20190218-182320.png

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
That led to the " back to sleep" campaign--- babies are put on their back in the Vit, with their feet at the foot of the cot. That was they can't wriggle down under bedding and lose more heat on their backs.
Was told the opposite in the 70s, wrap the baby and put him/her on their side or front.
I understand the SIDS number have dropped where 'back to sleep' advice is given and followed.
I had my three girls in 1986, 1988 and 1992. Each time the advice was different! Trouble is nobody told the babies and they decided for themselves which position they felt most comfortable in, and would settle in the quickest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I had my three girls in 1986, 1988 and 1992. Each time the advice was different! Trouble is nobody told the babies and they decided for themselves which position they felt most comfortable in, and would settle in the quickest.
so true, was a paediatric nurse and got used to the changes. My elder son slept flat on his back with his arms folded across his chest, very creepy. Younger, like his mum was on his front as soon as he could turn. Loved it when our charges were able to get into their preferred position.
Nephew was a premmie, in an incubator on his front for most of his life before coming home. Mum was told, put him on his back to sleep it's not safe on his front, no wonder with a constantly screaming babe his mum was both confused and depressed.
oops rambling again.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@movan text me I have paypal will sort it for you if you want, we can square up at Chester.

I was going to offer as well :) Never let no paypal put you off Joy @movan - we will get you sorted one way or another :)

I finished knitting Martin's socks, they just need the ends sewing in and I didn't bring a darning needle (will have to buy one) but have orders for two more pairs which will have to wait until I have finished his sweater. I'm going to knit that in the round and steek the armholes, but I'll start with the sleeves and do two at a time using magic loop on a circular needle the same way I do socks :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
@Puddleduck only ever tried knitting sleeves at the same time once, ended up with only one top and 2 bottoms. that's what I get for knitting and watching tv at the same time.:LOL:
Am going to have to have a sort out as I have no idea where the rest of the wool is for John's jumper, got plenty of aran but don't think he will fancy a multicoloured one.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Have you seen this on eBay Joy?
View attachment 284663
I was going to offer as well :) Never let no paypal put you off Joy @movan - we will get you sorted one way or another :)

I finished knitting Martin's socks, they just need the ends sewing in and I didn't bring a darning needle (will have to buy one) but have orders for two more pairs which will have to wait until I have finished his sweater. I'm going to knit that in the round and steek the armholes, but I'll start with the sleeves and do two at a time using magic loop on a circular needle the same way I do socks :)
@movan is this too dark?

You would need 2 packs.

Thank you all soooo much ... I have today managed to speak to someone and the wool is on the way. Really grateful for offers of help ... also re the Paypal.

@scotzsue Well done you for finding that!!!!! X I have managed to get 10 balls for £26 inclusive of p and p. Will let you all know when it arrives.............. and then mither the lives out of you on how to knit it. :) x

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Sewing bee tonight :clap2::clap2:
I have to watch it on iPlayer as we still have no aerial

Good start last week. I thought Joe Lycett was good--- not me, me, me ask done can be and he made the contestants the stars.
I've made American Girl clothes for my granddaughter today--/ her dolls are better dressed than I am. :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Love that @movan glad you got sorted. I love knitting with chunky wool it grows so quickly. not really into hoods but would love it just with a collar. don't worry about the knitting it's like riding a bike you never really forget.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
View attachment 284854
I made this baby jacket this evening from @Jenben 's pattern.
It's supposed to be for a premature baby but it's come out a bit big.
I'll make another one from 4ply and see what size that comes out.
Love that Anthea, I have 3 knitted that I am going to sew up this afternoon as we have a WI ‘PHD’ session (projects half done) ,village hall booked for 2 hours, cake and coffee available and ladies just turn up with their projects.

A lady called Dawn has a readicut rug kit which she started 25 years ago and anyone who hasn’t brought something to do just borrows a spare rug hook and helps out. It’s a really nice event , we have one each quarter and they are proving popular,

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Anne he did offer to go out and bolt the aerial onto the scaffolding but it was dark by then and watching on iPlayer worked really well, actually.
Where we live we are very close to our local mast and we can get tv in the kitchen without an aerial:Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Love that Anthea, I have 3 knitted that I am going to sew up this afternoon as we have a WI ‘PHD’ session (projects half done) ,village hall booked for 2 hours, cake and coffee available and ladies just turn up with their projects.

A lady called Dawn has a readicut rug kit which she started 25 years ago and anyone who hasn’t brought something to do just borrows a spare rug hook and helps out. It’s a really nice event , we have one each quarter and they are proving popular,

Sounds like a nice afternoon ... nice one. :)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
View attachment 284854
How do I find the pattern Anthea I’ve not done any knitting for a few years but fancy having a try doing some for the new granchild due in May

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
View attachment 284854

You made that in ONE evening!!!!!!!

That would have taken me several weeks!!!!!!!!

Well done you. X

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750

That sounds great fun.
I did a presentation to some WI ladies in mid Wales on Monday about OFAPUK with my local coordinator. It went really well. They all had a go afterwards and I think we may be getting a few new members from it.

You made that in ONE evening!!!!!!!

That would have taken me several weeks!!!!!!!!

Well done you. X
It’s tiny, made with dk on 4mm needles so it knits up fast.
Plus we ate early (for us) so there were no distractions! Catching up with DIP and QI, interspersed with GBSB made for an enjoyable and productive evening. I’m going out with some girlfriends this evening but I’ll have a go at the 4ply one on Thursday.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Four premature baby cardigans sewn up.

image.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well it arrived this morning ... yeah. Not as nice as the one I would have liked but half the price.

What have I learned already? Don't buy a pattern if you havn't checked you can find the wool ... and check the pattern

Been EVERYWHERE and can't find the size circular needle required! Off to Google now which me and technology is not good sign

But hope to cast on today. ;)
20190221_145525.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back