Learn to crochet? (4 Viewers)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Hope you are well now Hazel:)
Oh yes I am, that never happened again and the only thing that the multitude of tests showed was stress & that showed in my blood work....I would never have thought that could be found in that way. o_O
Mind you i'll never be 'balanced' in any other way...:rolleyes:::bigsmile:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This looks like fun....

burb.jpg

https://boingboing.net/2019/01/28/crocheted-budgies-for-a-frien.html

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hi Stephen Out of curiosity I had a look at the website and came to the conclusion it was weird!! With so many lovely things to crochet, especially in amigurami, my view is this is a waste of talent. Just saying.

Wonder how Twitter found you:LOL:

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Sounds like you did yourself a proper mischief when you collapsed.
At least when I collapsed just over a year ago I was already sitting down, but before a sat down Robert says I was talking utter rubbish, well more than usual.:LOL:
I knew I wasn't well because the ambulance crew were not being cheeky...o_O I am fine and it has never happened again.
I hope you get rid of yours soon, it sounds like you will.
I’m so sorry I mean to comment on this and got distracted then forgot.
It must have been terrifying. But good news that you’re ok now and have had no recurrence.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I know less than nothing about this - but somehow* it appeared on my twitter feed...
Might be an interesting challenge & a change from the usual:

and her website
https://crochetcuriosities.weebly.com/

*retweeted by Professor Alice Roberts

Thanks for that Steve. The Venus Godess figure is worshipped in Glastonbury.

Nice little earner there for some of our ladies. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Langtoftlad just in case wherever they got your name from means they send you more.. please will you share. One of my friends has a craft stall in Glastonbury and I would like to share with her. TY. X

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I’m so sorry I mean to comment on this and got distracted then forgot.
It must have been terrifying. But good news that you’re ok now and have had no recurrence.
Your fine....I still bounce off of things, just not for the same reason, now it's because of MS......but on the other hand the vertigo could have been a symptom, i'll never know that. ;)

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
@Aly1 and @davanne
I found out a little more about using wadding in cot quilts. Someone in my quilting group said the baby gets overheated and the thinking is that could be a factor/responsible for cot deaths. This ex nurse said she wishes more quilters were aware of this. I'm glad I 'interfered' when I did.

Auntie Pam

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
@Aly1 and @davanne
I found out a little more about using wadding in cot quilts. Someone in my quilting group said the baby gets overheated and the thinking is that could be a factor/responsible for cot deaths. This ex nurse said she wishes more quilters were aware of this. I'm glad I 'interfered' when I did.

Auntie Pam
I’m just so glad I found out before I gave the quilt as a gift.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
@Aly1 and @davanne

Auntie Pam
Auntie Pam I’m glad you gave us the information thank you:)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
@Aly1 and @davanne

Auntie Pam

That led to the " back to sleep" campaign--- babies are put on their back in the Vit, with their feet at the foot of the cot. That was they can't wriggle down under bedding and lose more heat on their backs.
Was told the opposite in the 70s, wrap the baby and put him/her on their side or front.
I understand the SIDS number have dropped where the 'back to sleep' advice is given and followed.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
That led to the " back to sleep" campaign--- babies are put on their back in the Vit, with their feet at the foot of the cot. That was they can't wriggle down under bedding and lose more heat on their backs.
Was told the opposite in the 70s, wrap the baby and put him/her on their side or front.
I understand the SIDS number have dropped where the 'back to sleep' advice is given and followed.
I trained nursery nurse in the early 70’s but had never heard of this method either until my sons little boy was born and we went to see him when they were home from hospital and saw them put him in his cot I questioned why he was placed like that and they said that was what the hospital recommended.

Once you know about it it makes sense but like you we were trained to wrap the baby up then place either on their front or on their side. I believe it was if they were sick they wouldn’t choke.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

I suffer from an odd type of migraine and was told to lie on my back with feet on a foot board (or lie the "wrong way" in bed with feet on the headboard if there was no foot board). It does make a huge difference :)

Martin's socks almost complete - I am using the wool I had left over from two other sock projects but as they are only welly socks that doesn't matter. My son and daughter in law both like the socks so much they have asked me to make them a pair each. I got them to draw round their feet and do the other measurements plus note where they usually wear out socks. I have told them that Martin's new sweater takes priority so it might be next autumn before they are done (maybe a Christmas pressie!)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not been reading or joining in the thread becaue of my wrist injury,
Good news it seems to be much better and at last I can knit again, not sure it is up to the different movement for crochet though. Have now almost finished the back of John.s jumper which I started about 3 years ago, lost the pattern for ages, finally sourced one on the net, then original turned up. he swears he didn't hide it, perhaps Joy @movan and I are sharing a gremlin. Just got all the rest to do now. Hope I manage before he turns up his toes at this rate he will be 80 before I get it done :ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Lol @scotzsue ... great minds and all that. I just sought out a pattern I had misplaced that I bought at one of the Crafty Meets in Lincolnshire or threabouts. Been on the internet struggling to find the wool as want to give it a go. Really can't afford the specified wool .. need to go to a wool shop . Found a supplier of acceptable alternative but I don't have paypal. :(

Must be something in the air making us all pick up our needles .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back