Learn to crochet? (51 Viewers)

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I have been accepted and have the full list of yarns - none of which are the makes I have in my stash but I will practice on these and then ....... go shopping:LOL: Thanks again Anthea @Offagain.
Yay! Gotta love an excuse to shop for yarn!
You can buy discounted yarn from the Facebook group from time to time. I’m not sure if Carol has any at the moment, but you can ask the question on the page. She brings it back from Cyprus where she has a second home.

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
@The Happy Hooker,@snailtrailer and @Puddleduck - once you’ve been accepted on the the Facebook group, write a post stating where you live and asking who your coordinator is. Someone will put you in touch with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Well I’ve had a fiddle and the little creatures come out bigger than I thought. It was only when I was half way through that I discovered the yarn under technique which I have never used before so I’ve pulled that out to redo. Any preferred yarn that you can recommend @Offagain

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Well I’ve had a fiddle and the little creatures come out bigger than I thought. It was only when I was half way through that I discovered the yarn under technique which I have never used before so I’ve pulled that out to redo. Any preferred yarn that you can recommend @Offagain
Lots of us like cotone, Alize Bahar, sirdar cotton prints, mayflower, king cole cottonsoft (although I find that a bit stretchy) and performance. There are loads more lovely ones but those are what spring to mind.
But it depends what weight you like to work with.
I usually use a 2mm hook with all the above. But some will need to use 1.75.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have some pale lilac garn. It says not to use one of the garn colours so I hope that the lilac will be okay. I will need to get some stuffing.

I am doing a couple of hours each day on Saturday and Sunday at the Harrogate Knit and Stitch show (on the UK Hand Knit Association stand) so might take octopus with me - I know when we are there we will also be making other charity knits / crochet.

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I have some pale lilac garn. It says not to use one of the garn colours so I hope that the lilac will be okay. I will need to get some stuffing.

I am doing a couple of hours each day on Saturday and Sunday at the Harrogate Knit and Stitch show (on the UK Hand Knit Association stand) so might take octopus with me - I know when we are there we will also be making other charity knits / crochet.
Lilac is fine. Only solid red and solid black aren't allowed. As long as it's 100% cotton. Use yarn under not yarn over. Ask all the questions you like on the fb page everyone's very friendly. Or pm me and I'll help!
There might be an OFAPUK stand at the show so you could wander over and say hi. I wish I could go but I'm in Hampshire supporting my mum who's had a knee replacement until she's fully mobile again.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Lilac is fine. Only solid red and solid black aren't allowed. As long as it's 100% cotton. Use yarn under not yarn over. Ask all the questions you like on the fb page everyone's very friendly. Or pm me and I'll help!
There might be an OFAPUK stand at the show so you could wander over and say hi. I wish I could go but I'm in Hampshire supporting my mum who's had a knee replacement until she's fully mobile again.

No stand that I can see :( The yarn is 100& cotton and is 4 ply - I use it for knitting socks.

Hope your Mum is soon up and her feet and running round again.

Mrs Badknee

Funster
Oct 11, 2014
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Full time
Hello I have been reading this thread for a while now and having recently been encouraged to post on here and show any learners of crochet what I have achieved with help from fellow Funsters.
I started to crochet in May having been patiently taught be Hilary @Hils and Glenns to do a poppy. In June I was taught to do the granny square which was a bit frilly as I put too many chains in the wrong place. Not to worry I soon got the hand of it. Alice @Chrysalis showed me the magic circle and having chatted with Antie Pam @snailtrailer and Lorraine @HappyHooker and Helen @Puddleduck I carried on. I’ve taken some photos of my makes. @tonyandcarol

First granny square frilly blanket.
FCE40A84-ED21-409F-B30A-9B5BB981DD63.jpeg

2nd lap blanket.
693FE3C1-7977-4DE9-B422-E80ABCE98834.jpeg

180 granny squares sew together.

C5AD707E-A927-43AF-AD31-D16D0371CC3F.jpeg

Made this morning for you know when!!
5442F683-1D55-46EF-A202-C16CFE7D4392.jpeg

Last edited:

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Hello I have been reading this thread for a while now and having recently been encouraged to post on here and show any learners of crochet what I have achieved with help from fellow Funsters.
I started to crochet in May having been patiently taught be Hilary @Hils and Glenns to do a poppy. In June I was taught to do the granny square which was a bit frilly as I put too many chains in the wrong place. Not to worry I soon got the hand of it. Alice @Chrysalis showed me the magic circle and having chatted with Antie Pam @snailtrailer and Lorraine @HappyHooker and Helen @Puddleduck I carried on. I’ve taken some photos of my makes. @tonyandcarol

First granny square frilly blanket.
View attachment 267386
2nd lap blanket.
View attachment 267383
180 granny squares sew together.

View attachment 267384
Made this morning for you know when!!
View attachment 267385
Hi Angela very impressed with your work looking forward to meeting up again, I haven't put my needle down since September.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Mrs Badknee Angela just love the big bedspread got all the colours of the rainbow in it or chakra colours should be very calming, love it.
@SueTayBon love the elf he is gorgeous.

What a great thread encouraged so many to have a go my waist coat is slowly taking shape the back now mostlly sewn up and a lot of the front ready to be done. Photo when I was sorting the colours out.
IMG_20181103_151015.jpg

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
@Mrs Badknee Angela just love the big bedspread got all the colours of the rainbow in it or chakra colours should be very calming, love it.

What a great thread encouraged so many to have a go my waist coat is slowly taking shape the back now mostlly sewn up and a lot of the front ready to be done. Photo when I was sorting the colours out.
View attachment 267498
Beautiful colours

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988

View attachment 267498
Carol that is beautiful I love the colours....can’t wait to see you wearing it

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Wow it’s so great seeing everyone’s creations. There’s no doubt about it, it is addictive. Currently I’m trying to track down a parcel that was mis delivered in Portugal :( It was wool for my new projects.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello everyone. Love the little pixies @SueTayBon and the colours in your waistcoat @Carol. I have been struggling with the little octopus and couldn't get my magic loop to work - it just wouldn't pull up. I'll get on better when I have the correct yarn, the one I am practicing on is too thick. I have sourced some discontinued cotton yarns (on the suggested list) from Shirleys Wool Limited and she only charges £1.30 postage.

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
It’s lovely to see everyone’s talented work. I’ve been too busy trying to get the Harry Potter quilt finished in time for Christmas. I’m currently fighting with a Hungarian Horntail dragon, so many tiny pieces!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back