OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
309FBDA9-0885-4EBA-AD14-EB4D9A69A385.jpeg This is the finished throw with the coloured squares using tapestry threads. The cream squares are two strands of machine knitting cones.

Jan 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
VW Trident
Exp
Since April 2015
E12723FB-8084-4FAE-AC95-EADCC960B39B.jpeg
00D9B687-61B0-4172-B080-4ABB6749C63C.jpeg
I saw the pattern for this in a magazine and had to give it a go. First pic is the base which has some garden wire in donated by Joy and the second is the finished article

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Our very own Kevin the carrot made by Angela @Mrs Badknee (y)

View attachment 268607
Angela @Mrs Badknee you are very talented.
I was in ALDI yesterday and can’t believe how much they are charging for Kevin the carrot and his family. A woman in front of me bought the whole family and the parsnipmand it was around £27 :eek:
I prefer yours:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Who is this Kevin the carrot - is it something from CBBCs?
@Debs I have now found myself with a whole family of mice to make up! As you know I teach a class at the Big C charity shop in Diss and one week we were making tiny mice and the course was so popular I offered to do an afternoon session as well. Another class of 8 is booked for 10th December so I have made up 24 kits. In the end four people didn't turn up in the morning and I was also two people short in the afternoon. I shall be overrun with mice:eek:
This week we did patchwork tree decorations and felt gingerbread men with a completely different group of people. Unfortunately one lady is so noisy it may be spoiling it for the others. She is booked on a few other courses as well so I shall have to have a word without upsetting her. She is just so enthusiastic and excited.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
@Janine. I thought I had loads of patience but crocheting a cord would drive me crazy. It' s ten times easier on a knitting machine.:whistle:

What about the Knitting Nancy? Or do you just like the challenge?

I watched the video and just imagined being half way through and dropping those two loops.
Good luck with this one.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
@Janine. I thought I had loads of patience but crocheting a cord would drive me crazy. It' s ten times easier on a knitting machine.:whistle:

What about the Knitting Nancy? Or do you just like the challenge?

I watched the video and just imagined being half way through and dropping those two loops.
Good luck with this one.

My first thought was my Knitting Nancy - or Corking Nancy, as we call them round here! - but it was a lot slower than the crochet cord.

Once you get into it, it's quite relaxing and I did about 2 yards last night :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We went for a brunch yesteday and the cafe bench seat had got a hug made using hand knitting! No needles! It was very chunky.
Loving all your crafting.
@SueTayBon love your flower wreath I have that statue so elegant i love the fact she is hiding a bag behind her .
Forgot to put the picture!
E2C3E382-FC6C-450F-9A90-8C6072BC420C.jpeg

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Who is this Kevin the carrot - is it something from CBBCs?
@Debs I have now found myself with a whole family of mice to make up! As you know I teach a class at the Big C charity shop in Diss and one week we were making tiny mice and the course was so popular I offered to do an afternoon session as well. Another class of 8 is booked for 10th December so I have made up 24 kits. In the end four people didn't turn up in the morning and I was also two people short in the afternoon. I shall be overrun with mice:eek:
This week we did patchwork tree decorations and felt gingerbread men with a completely different group of people. Unfortunately one lady is so noisy it may be spoiling it for the others. She is booked on a few other courses as well so I shall have to have a word without upsetting her. She is just so enthusiastic and excited.
I wondered how it had gone Pam, frustrating that people book places and then don't turn up, good luck with the enthusiastic lady;):LOL:. I've put this thread on watch now, loving everyones handiwork:)

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
What have I started:eek:
Three people at the Big C asked me to teach them crochet - and in particular understanding patterns. I hadn't booked anything in December so offered them Monday 3rd. It appears everyone wants to learn to crochet so I now have eight next week and two more groups of eight on 7th January. Quite a challenge to teach a whole group at the same time so I am making up blocks of double crochet for each of them so that they can get the feel of the hook and holding the yarn and dig into ready made stitches. Then 'progress' to the chain.:rolleyes: I've got enlarged photocopies of basic instructions to follow so..................wish me luck. I am also doing a big piece in chunky yarn so that they can identify the stitch/hole they have to work into. Any other tips, apart from recommending You Tube videos?

By the way, my noisy person wasn't able to come this week as her daughter was poorly, so my diplomacy will have to wait. I had another nice group of people this week and they all managed to go away with a covered coathanger and lavender bag. A first for me - my students usually have a lot to finish at home - and they are starting to bring their finished items back to show everyone. There's a lot of preparation behind the scenes but I love it.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
WOW @Janine what a lot of 'little grey cells' but much nicer to look at than the pink version.

@Offagain I am sending off two little octopus today for approval but I forgot to photograph them before sealing up the package.

When it gets a bit lighter in the day I'll take a photograph of my workroom. It's taken days and days to get it tidy and organised:eek: Angela @Mrs Badknee I've also got a corner like yours in the Lounge and - if I had my way - my stuff would encroach on every room in the house:LOL:

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
@Offagain I am sending off two little octopus today for approval but I forgot to photograph them before sealing up the package.

Well done:clap2:! your coordinator will probably send you a picture when she’s checked them stating which path they’re taking, but you could ask her to send you one anyway.

I’m not letting anyone see my work room at the moment - It looks like a crafty bomb has exploded in there!

Jan 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
VW Trident
Exp
Since April 2015
I decided to decorate my Christmas tree with woolly creations this year. I’m still making decorations so it’s not finished yet.
C6661FAE-9B4B-4FA6-B068-13ADF070D685.jpeg
BD9D63CB-DC55-42D6-8B36-2795EAC3B19D.jpeg

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
View attachment 269838 View attachment 269839 Well here goes - valuable crafting time wasted/spent on this room.
I’ve got craft room envy now Pamela.......when we were moving here to wales the property we were buying had a converted garage as they both worked from home ....it would have been big enough for my craft room and an office for Max for his genealogy etc however that property fell through so our plan is to convert our integral garage for us both to use and to have a garage and workshop built down one side of the bungalow for his beloved XR4i ( I did suggest it could live out but it didn’t go down very well:whistle2:)
Anyway that’s the plan for spring

Love the decorations @SueTayBon and @Mrs Badknee especially the angel and the chains:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back