LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Lovely colours and gorgeous bag with a hint of dachshund :)
. Ah she is such a lovely friend and sewed this for me a couple of years ago with my own personalised ribbon !

What no purple?!?
there is some purple already in my wool stocks ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I am happy to be on crochet hook procurement for Hils and Glenns , or wool for Mrs Badknee
Can you secrete them in a cupboard without Chris knowing?
I’m excited for you didn’t realize it was next week!!

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Is he going to get involved in a hobby which requires storage space and is laying the groundwork ready?
He has quite a lot of those hobbies already !

This has been handy, turned spare fabric (so will now need replenishing) into useful crochet roll

Now you see them
4DC9FFFF-37DF-41BA-8FAE-14382DB06484.jpeg

Now you don't
77269044-978E-4F81-B5A0-AC401293698D.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not buying any more sheepsies as yet, not after searching for a few things over Christmas and keeping finding more.
Good news is I have got my mojo back and am back on with John's Aran, he might get it for next christmas, birthday is soon so no chance of getting it finished for then.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Alan has just checked out my new "crap" (craft) bag as he's calling it and he reckons I can get a bottle of gin in one of the individual ball holders ::bigsmile:
Ooh good shout. But not until February ....
Funny enough Dave called it something similar :giggler:
Paul hasn’t seen it yet but will be happy that my various portable craft projects have been condensed into one bag.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Alan has just checked out my new "crap" (craft) bag as he's calling it and he reckons I can get a bottle of gin in one of the individual ball holders ::bigsmile:
Useful to know if you are ever heading to Norway and need to hide store spare alcohol

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Is anyone else making pouches etc for the Australian animals?
I've joined a facebook group which gives patterns and has UK hubs to send them to from where they will be sent on.
#1 grandsprog (aged 9) is coming over on Sunday to help sew some with me.
What is the FB group called?

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
What is the FB group called?
Uk Crafters for Australian Animal Rescue Effort. They have hubs all over the U.K. where you can take or post your makes to so you don’t have to spend a fortune posting them to Australia.
There’s also the Animal Rescue Craft Guild which is based in Australia.
I made this nest this evening
image.jpg

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I keep seeing conflicting FB posts. Some are saying that they don’t need any more pouches but to send money to the rescue effort instead.
Just this morning admin posted that they’ve been overwhelmed with items and need to take stock before people carry on, so we’re to get everything to the hubs by 25th. I’m still going to make sewn pouches with my granddaughter on Sunday as she’s keen to help and will be very disappointed if we don’t. There’s a hub not far from me so I can deliver them myself before 25th.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I keep seeing conflicting FB posts. Some are saying that they don’t need any more pouches but to send money to the rescue effort instead.

I think it is so difficult as people want to help in some way. I got sent a post this week via the WI of ways to help which was all around how to donate money to various rescue organisations.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
This has popped up on the Crafty Campers Facebook page.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE ARCCG ADMIN TEAM

If you are in a GLOBAL craft guild group (not this group), please share this to your team/post/moderators.

This is not about people in this page that are from anywhere in particular, this is about the new global groups that are springing up everywhere that we know nothing about.

The past few weeks several overseas groups, sub groups and even a "Global Admin Craft Guild" team has sprung up from people we don’t know about, who aren’t affiliated at all with our work and are NOT dealing with the rescuers we work with.

Supply and demand require coordination, so global groups that are coming online without our involvement are creating disorganisation, confusion, and likely an oversupply of some items.

We encourage global groups to make contact with their LOCAL animal rescue groups in their own country. As we have seen in Australia, these groups have lacked support for a long time and would really appreciate your support.

We have just hit 200K members and we are working hard to ensure supply doesn't overstrip demand. We don't want items to go to waste. You may need to sew or crochet slower or stop entirely. This is a good news story, and why we want you to reach out to your local rescue to see what they need. Opossums, squirrels, rodents, snakes, lizards, cats, dogs, etc. can use these items too.

The Animal Rescue Craft Guild is part of the Animal Rescue Collective (ARC) team. It has been doing a fantastic job of supporting the local team with supply and product to add to our food and medical supply loads that go to animals in need.

The Rescue Collective and ARC focus on getting food and supplies to animal rescuers impacted by fires in Australia. Tonnes of food, everywhere. That keeps animals alive. As you have seen this has become incredibly big, it’s an organised and thought out mod team and we know what is needed.

But we are being distracted and taken away from our important work by “craft emergencies" created by new groups springing up that now need somewhere to put the products they make. We didn’t ask for it. Urgent requests, calls, and demands for our immediate attention on conspiracy theories, business plans they have dreamt up, researching shipping for them, etc.

This makes for a LOT of noise, questions and admin, a lot of misinformation that takes us away from things running smoothly.

It's the equivalent of walking into someone else’s business, throwing mess everywhere then saying, "you really need to bring me in to clean up this mess, lets have a meeting urgently.”

The work the craft guild does is important and the way we are doing it is going well. We can speed production up and slow it down based on demand. But the important work we need to be focused on is feeding and treating animals that are dying. Not creating global bureaucracies and artificial “craft emergencies.”

If you are a member of a global craft guild page that isn’t this page you are on here with this big red image. It is highly likely that we don’t have anything to do with it. It is also highly likely that you or they will end up with a large amount of your products wasted and sitting in your lounge room or shed. Or thrown in the bin.

- The supply is very high, we need to keep managing this centrally. Here with this team.

- We are not taking on the coordination of the inbounds from these new global teams. We already have enough to do. They need to work WITH us to check on supply and demand, not MAKE more work for us.

- We recognise that people have seen a movement, and want to be on that and to create their own. We encourage them to make contact with shelters in their own countries and do this for them. Save the postage and help your local rescue groups!

- The rescue groups and the animals that need help are here, with us, in Australia, where we are shipping out food and supplies. WE KNOW what is needed and what isn’t.

We are not going to have a meeting about it, we don’t need to have detailed global plans. It's a Facebook group, we are in Australia where the fires are and are dealing with emergencies on every side. That's our priority.

If you have created a global page and we don’t know about it and it isn’t able to get supply into Australia, it is OK to close your page down or talk to your local rescuers and animal welfare to support them instead.

If you are a member of a global craft guild page… please, ask your local page admins in your country how they intend on getting product here, and which rescue groups… and then actively encourage the local team to work with local rescuers in your own country, that is important… shipping tonnage of supplies to Australia when we are already flooded is a big challenge.

We cannot stop what we are doing to deal with “Global Craft Emergencies”… we already have emergencies to deal with.

Thank you to everyone that is in this page/group and working within this process as this is how we can manage it the best.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Ken says nobody could live long enough to use up all the hobby stuff I own.
I, on the other hand, have taken 5his as a challenge. Son number two has sent me a photograph of a whole wall of different coloured yarns in a shop @ £1 each per ball. (little sigh)
for some reason I found it necessary to pompously announce that I prefer Welsh wool - he laughed! (he knows me well.). Ps. Just made an odd little sort-of shallow V shaped scarf.

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
This has popped up on the Crafty Campers Facebook page.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE ARCCG ADMIN TEAM

If you are in a GLOBAL craft guild group (not this group), please share this to your team/post/moderators.

This is not about people in this page that are from anywhere in particular, this is about the new global groups that are springing up everywhere that we know nothing about.

The past few weeks several overseas groups, sub groups and even a "Global Admin Craft Guild" team has sprung up from people we don’t know about, who aren’t affiliated at all with our work and are NOT dealing with the rescuers we work with.

Supply and demand require coordination, so global groups that are coming online without our involvement are creating disorganisation, confusion, and likely an oversupply of some items.

We encourage global groups to make contact with their LOCAL animal rescue groups in their own country. As we have seen in Australia, these groups have lacked support for a long time and would really appreciate your support.

We have just hit 200K members and we are working hard to ensure supply doesn't overstrip demand. We don't want items to go to waste. You may need to sew or crochet slower or stop entirely. This is a good news story, and why we want you to reach out to your local rescue to see what they need. Opossums, squirrels, rodents, snakes, lizards, cats, dogs, etc. can use these items too.

The Animal Rescue Craft Guild is part of the Animal Rescue Collective (ARC) team. It has been doing a fantastic job of supporting the local team with supply and product to add to our food and medical supply loads that go to animals in need.

The Rescue Collective and ARC focus on getting food and supplies to animal rescuers impacted by fires in Australia. Tonnes of food, everywhere. That keeps animals alive. As you have seen this has become incredibly big, it’s an organised and thought out mod team and we know what is needed.

But we are being distracted and taken away from our important work by “craft emergencies" created by new groups springing up that now need somewhere to put the products they make. We didn’t ask for it. Urgent requests, calls, and demands for our immediate attention on conspiracy theories, business plans they have dreamt up, researching shipping for them, etc.

This makes for a LOT of noise, questions and admin, a lot of misinformation that takes us away from things running smoothly.

It's the equivalent of walking into someone else’s business, throwing mess everywhere then saying, "you really need to bring me in to clean up this mess, lets have a meeting urgently.”

The work the craft guild does is important and the way we are doing it is going well. We can speed production up and slow it down based on demand. But the important work we need to be focused on is feeding and treating animals that are dying. Not creating global bureaucracies and artificial “craft emergencies.”

If you are a member of a global craft guild page that isn’t this page you are on here with this big red image. It is highly likely that we don’t have anything to do with it. It is also highly likely that you or they will end up with a large amount of your products wasted and sitting in your lounge room or shed. Or thrown in the bin.

- The supply is very high, we need to keep managing this centrally. Here with this team.

- We are not taking on the coordination of the inbounds from these new global teams. We already have enough to do. They need to work WITH us to check on supply and demand, not MAKE more work for us.

- We recognise that people have seen a movement, and want to be on that and to create their own. We encourage them to make contact with shelters in their own countries and do this for them. Save the postage and help your local rescue groups!

- The rescue groups and the animals that need help are here, with us, in Australia, where we are shipping out food and supplies. WE KNOW what is needed and what isn’t.

We are not going to have a meeting about it, we don’t need to have detailed global plans. It's a Facebook group, we are in Australia where the fires are and are dealing with emergencies on every side. That's our priority.

If you have created a global page and we don’t know about it and it isn’t able to get supply into Australia, it is OK to close your page down or talk to your local rescuers and animal welfare to support them instead.

If you are a member of a global craft guild page… please, ask your local page admins in your country how they intend on getting product here, and which rescue groups… and then actively encourage the local team to work with local rescuers in your own country, that is important… shipping tonnage of supplies to Australia when we are already flooded is a big challenge.

We cannot stop what we are doing to deal with “Global Craft Emergencies”… we already have emergencies to deal with.

Thank you to everyone that is in this page/group and working within this process as this is how we can manage it the best.
Yes and when I saw it I checked with the admin that the one I'm in (name in a previous post) is ok.
It is.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back