Le Voyager

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
The Le Voyager
Could be winning. It had loads of extras the other van didn't. This one also didn't have a hab check. Broker said it didn't really need one because of the way it was made? But added if we want one he will sort it. We want one. Down side it only had a small pay load but rung a firm mentioned one hear and they said it could be increased. Going to a dealer in Perth tomorrow. But have a feeling we may put a cheeky offer in on the Voyager. Wife (Les) likes the seats.
20190502_143025.jpg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have a le voyageur. Superb van, really well built. Mine also has the deleted front drop down bed. Slightly surprised at the payload....mine has over a tonne

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
Could I ask how you know it has only a small payload ?
Has it been on a weighbridge in full holiday mode or just accessed on the Manufacturer's or Dealers figures?
It is well known that payloads are worked out of the back of a fag packet by Manufacturers and rarely agree with real life.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Get your own hab and damp check.
Dont rely on someone elses.

Give sv tech a call about uprating and mick at SAP Doncaster about what can be done.

Think it needs to go to weighbridge to see exactly where you are weight wise.

Did you notice difference in quality??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Get your own hab and damp check.
Dont rely on someone elses.

Give sv tech a call about uprating and mick at SAP Doncaster about what can be done.

Think it needs to go to weighbridge to see exactly where you are weight wise.

Did you notice difference in quality??

So who should pay for hab check? I was going to ask them to get it done.
Rung sv tech give them some figure they said yep they could do paper work to get it uprated. Or sell us a kit if we wanted an even bigger pay load. (Owner now said he had looked in to it but he is 69 didn't want the messing with a medical)
Was a lot better built. Was so little niggles. Like doors a little tight binding?
Also would like to take it somewhere and get like a proper valet. If there is such a place.
Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Forgot to say seen ticket from weighbridge said pay load was about 300kg

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
So who should pay for hab check? I was going to ask them to get it done.
Rung sv tech give them some figure they said yep they could do paper work to get it uprated. Or sell us a kit if we wanted an even bigger pay load. (Owner now said he had looked in to it but he is 69 didn't want the messing with a medical)
Was a lot better built. Was so little niggles. Like doors a little tight binding?
Also would like to take it somewhere and get like a proper valet. If there is such a place.
Rob

If it's currently rated at 3500kg why has the current owner got an issue with licence?
Guess it's because he's struggling with the payload at that and doesn't want to uprate (looks like you'll have to factor the cost of this in).
So, if he's been struggling, how long has he had the van and why is it now a problem?

Probably being paranoid but adding this to the question around the MOT (https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/vin-number.196121/page-2) make sure you check carefully. Might an HPI check be worthwhile, as well. Really don't want to rain on your parade but better checking up front into these questions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
The owner is 69 and has health issues worried the dvla might pull his licence.
The broker has done a hip check and MOTed in April

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
The owners story.
His wife got I'll. So they said let's buy a van and drive round Europe. They bought the biggest van they could for comfort. But under the 3500. As he is not to well him self. Only had it 18months then sadly his wife past. Never got to Europe. So there you go

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
This one has no dropdown bed.
Neither has mine which is a 2014 LVX8. Previous owner deleted the option. That does look a cracking good van - almost the same as @shunter has.

Upgrade the weight and you are good to go.

Upvote 0

kip

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Do your sums quickly :)You won't go far wrong With the le voyageur(y)
We have the LVX 11 series on a 2010 plate,bought privately in France.Best van we've owned by miles.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Do your sums quickly :)You won't go far wrong With the le voyageur(y)
We have the LVX 11 series on a 2010 plate,bought privately in France.Best van we've owned by miles.
It's being sold via a broker. So sort of hoping he is having Sunday off. The broker said he is not doing any viewing B/H Monday. Also the owner is going away in it wed. So basically Tue will be D'day.
Will say already working out some things about the van. ie a nice wash and brush up

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Exciting times!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Like any van subject to problems but they are very, very well built - even better the older ones. Mine has had only a few minor issues such as today when the Alde heating temperature sensor decided to read -10°C . £11 later and a new one on order.

Let us know how you get on. It looks a cracker

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Let us know how you get on. It looks a cracker
Am sure I will let you and everyone know how we get on.
Am one of those people who over think every think. One min am come on let's do it. Next am like is it the right one.
And there is how do we get it here.
Has crossed my mind to ask the seller to bring it up if I pay and give him a couple of pints

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
The guy has a towing thing so he can tow a car. So he could tow the car here and drive home

Upvote 0

kip

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The guy has a towing thing so he can tow a car. So he could tow the car here and drive home

Am i missing something? if I was really interested in a motorhome, I wouldn't wait for someone to deliver it, I would make the effort to go & see it first.:confused:

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just jump on a train and get him to pick you up at the station and then drive home, that's what we did anyway but we sent a box of bits n bobs so we could take a couple of days getting home.

Martin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Am i missing something? if I was really interested in a motorhome, I wouldn't wait for someone to deliver it, I would make the effort to go & see it first.:confused:
We have been to see it and will probably try and buy it. But it's a 2 day round trip to go for it.
There is other reasons to ask guy to deliver but there a bit long winded to put in a post

Upvote 0

kip

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have been to see it and will probably try and buy it. But it's a 2 day round trip to go for it.
There is other reasons to ask guy to deliver but there a bit long winded to put in a post
Hi @Innkeeper Just seen your earlier posts apologies :whistle:.Whatever you decide hope you find the right motorhome & happy travels.:)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back