Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Lots of people jumping ship to bitwarden from last pass, as recommended by Jim years ago.
Free version Limited to either phones/ pad or Pc's whichever we log on to on March the 16th.
What a do other members recommend now?
They say its easy to export all of your passwords and safe notes to another provider.
Anyone done just that?

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Staying with LP. I don’t use laptop or PC, just tablets, so restrictions don’t affect me. (Until they change the rules again!)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I got an email about that the other day but I use is on pc/laptop only, as does hubby, so not a massive issue however for those who use it on both types of equipment how difficult would it be to have a second 'membership' of Lastpass with all the existing passwords etc copied across from the first for use on the other device type?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
What’s all this about please ?
I use Last Pass on my phone only

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What’s all this about please ?
I use Last Pass on my phone only
BROKEN LINK

1613921515417.png

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am sticking with Lastpass. It has proven reliable to me over many, many years.

I do pay for my lastpass account because it is so useful to me.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I use LP but only on my PC, chrome saves most of them to android and PC so I don't think its going to effect me even if it stopped working altogether.

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Thanks Minxy Girl for that information. I only use it on my mobile , my PC died years back when they stopped supporting Windows XP , shameful in my opinion. Same as TomTom , stopped using that for the same reasons . Although I do use mine as a gps speedo.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I got an email about that the other day but I use is on pc/laptop only, as does hubby, so not a massive issue however for those who use it on both types of equipment how difficult would it be to have a second 'membership' of Lastpass with all the existing passwords etc copied across from the first for use on the other device type?
Just to answer my own query, yes it can be done! I exported the info in my original LP account to a 'csv' file, I then created a new LP account and imported the 'csv' file contents.

This means I can use one LP account on my laptop/pc and the other for phones/tablets etc - I just need to ensure if I update one I do the same with the other.

This is what I did:

In the original LP account:

Exported all the info to a generic.csv file:
  • click on
    1613922581768.png
    on top row then go to Account Options > Advanced > Export
Make sure you know where it's gone (eg your downloads folder).

New account

Created a second Lastpass account with a different email etc and import the csv file into it:
  • click on
    1613922581768.png
    on top row then go to Account Options > Advanced > Import

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Old but funny joke:

A woman was helping her husband set up his computer, and at the appropriate point in the process, told him that he would now need to enter a password.
Something he will use to log on.
The husband was in a rather amorous mood and figured he would try for the shock effect to bring this to his wife’s attention. So, when the computer asked him to enter his password, he made it plainly obvious to his wife that he was keying in…
P…..
E…..
N…..
I…..
S…..
His wife fell off her chair laughing when the computer replied:

PASSWORD DENIED - NOT LONG ENOUGH

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I use aWallet and have done for years. It gets 4.7 stars on Google play so I'll stick with it. Never had any problems 🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back