Lack of Pulling Power going up hill (1 Viewer)

Barryted

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have a 2001 Pilote Galaxy 240 with a Peugeot Boxer engine with just 63.000 miles on the clock haven't had any real problems since purchasing back in 2008. Recently returned from touring Norway having done 3.500miles but noticed that the van wasn't pulling as well has it has been.

Our local garage has carried out a complete service replacing the cam belt (this was due) but it still hasn't improved the performance of pulling power. The mechanic has also checked/replaced the following but we have still not improved the pulling power.
Checked Turbo Actuator on Turbo, all seems to be operating as it should be.
Replaced Map/Boost pressure sensor in Inlet Manifold
Replaced Fuel filter. Checked operation of Low fuel Pressure Pump in Fuel Tank all seems O.K.
Carried out Diesel Leak off Test on Injectors all within tolerance.
Removed Exhaust and checked for blockage, none present.
Inspected Turbo pipes and Intercooler.
No diagnostic trouble codes showing.

Now at a loss as to where to go next. We are missing having the Motorhome sitting on the driveway and the ability to go away in it at short notice.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated and having been at home for a couple of months now with the grand kids close by we are just itching to get away for a couple of weeks for peace and quite.

Regards

BARRYTED

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Fuel lift pump me thinks but could be wrong drawing a bit of air or blocked sumwhare might just be the fillter full of crap
bill

OP
OP
B

Barryted

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The garage has completely changed the fuel filter. so this should not be the problem. thank you for your suggestion we will pass the information onto the garage.

Many thanks.

BARRYTED

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Ignition system, fuel pump, I’ll fitted air/fuel filters. Does it have a “limp mode” on that vehicle? Does it have an emissions sensor? Blocked catalytic converter or particulate filter, I guess the list is endless, trial and error really.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Could it be as simple? as a stuck wastegate on the Turbo?
Ours showed itself going uphill ( I know it was accompanied with a warning light on the dash) but just maybe that warning light isn't working.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Check inlet air pressure with a pressure gauge attached while driving should read about 12psi when pulling, this will eliminate any turbo problems a good starting point.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
That's a comprehensive set of tests and at 63k, with regular servicing, it should barely be run in. Do you have faith in the garage's abilities ?
Is there an EGR valve fitted to this motor ? Might be worth putting some Forté diesel additive in it and see if you can give it a bit of a blast ?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Is this the 2.8 jtd engine ?
I used to wonder about mine, doesn't like hills one bit, a long way incline sees speed drop off and gear change necessary. No smoke or warning lights,
I did all the obvious things and read on here of other owners with similar symptoms or concerns and now just accept it, not like I'm in a hurry to get anywhere.
Strange though if your certain it has suddenly dropped off ?
Is it now un-driveable ?
Let us know if you find the problem please (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back