LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just travelled back into france via this route on the non tolls. It was a bank holiday weekend. The queue to get through took us 1 hour 15 for 11km and we motored for 8 of them. Overheated cars all over the place. Traffic problem caused by pedestrians crossing road and European drivers being far too polite. On a slightly better note if coming through la jonquera towards france miss all the huge petrol stations and take last turn on right signposted for hotel. Petrol station here was charging 1.11 against everybody else charging 1.17. Even better news is if you fill up with their free water they take 4 cents off a litre of diesel !!!!! Yes you read that correctly. So 1.07

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you think its bad now, think about poor old Hannibal struggling up that hill with his elephants.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You obviously missed one of the finest culinary delights in France as you descend from Perthus towards La Boulou. The auberge Can Joan. Take the right turn just before the old customs post on the French side and drive up into the Albarez. The wild boar is superb and not to be missed. Unfortunately the old patron George has now retired, but the new owners have carried on the traditions.
http://lalbere.net/quelsServices/aubergecanJoan.htm

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
You obviously missed one of the finest culinary delights in France as you descend from Perthus towards La Boulou. The auberge Can Joan. Take the right turn just before the old customs post on the French side and drive up into the Albarez. The wild boar is superb and not to be missed. Unfortunately the old patron George has now retired, but the new owners have carried on the traditions.
http://lalbere.net/quelsServices/aubergecanJoan.htm
Luckily I have over half of my wild boar left when I get back. Got 200 sausages out of him as well

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Luckily I have over half of my wild boar left when I get back. Got 200 sausages out of him as well

I was never keen on the sausages but very partial to sanglier meat marinated in red wine over night and then slowly cooked in the slow cooker the following night. When I was younger we lived in area 66 and I was fortunate to hunt with the Sorede chasse, I was not only much younger, but much fitter in those days. I think every restaurant in La Jonquera, which as you possibly know, must be the biggest truck stop in Europe, has sanglier on the menu. We do have the boar here in Bulgaria, but its difficult to get into the hunt, even if I was now fit enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back