L&V or LV= as they now display (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Been with Caravan guard for a number of years
last two years saw an increase in premium of circa £50 per year plus a £35 increase for a speeding offence (59 Mph on M1 smart Motorway)
so as i have all my cars with LV= I asked for a quote a cool £150 less than caravan guard.
Now I am going to read all the small print for sure But if anyone has any experiance with LV= Motorhome policies i would be gratfull for any heads up or things that could have repocussions if i get it wrong

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Been with them the last 2 or 3 vans...

Had to change the latest ones Registration number 3 times..

Expecting an admin charge of some sort, but no extra...

Put Judy on as second driver..... No charge.... (y)

I have read through all the small print and CANNOT find anything hidden to worry me...

Will let you know, Geo.... when the renewal is due end of August.. see if they try to up it much...:RollEyes:

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Lunchon vouchers doing insurance now?
Who's old enough to remember them. Saved up all week for either the business mens lunch at the Chinese or pie beans and chips at the greasy spoon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Did the same as you with our MH. Their service has been fine on all our vehicles. Green cards requested and sent immediately by them at no charge. BTW, they were also shed loads cheaper than CAMC. Also, when I looked at the CAMC quote for the MH it turned out LV were the underwriters of their policy.
Safe and happy travels 👍

• Thanks
Reactions: Geo
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’m now on our second year with LV= policy price went up £20 but still reasonably priced we’re very happy with it but not had to claim yet and hopefully won’t ever🤔

• Thanks
Reactions: Geo
OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Have currently got 5 cars with them and been more than happy with LV=
It was the lack of info they require to quote a motor home, it concerned me that they want no value,make or trim info
after speaking with them they say that's quite correct, to simply the auto quote system all they want to know is that it is a "Factory" build from new they are aware of the average values and when required they will look at market values and negotiate all claims to settle or repair. based on the actual MoHo you have damaged
Thinking about it that''s what all insurers do in reality regardless of what value you told them it was, only LV= seem a little more open about it
Think i will give them a go (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I've been with them 2 years, and had similar concerns, especially after having a refillable gas system, solar added etc.

I have the car & van & the mh is dependent on having a dash cam.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Have currently got 5 cars with them and been more than happy with LV=
It was the lack of info they require to quote a motor home, it concerned me that they want no value,make or trim info
after speaking with them they say that's quite correct, to simply the auto quote system all they want to know is that it is a "Factory" build from new they are aware of the average values and when required they will look at market values and negotiate all claims to settle or repair. based on the actual MoHo you have damaged
Thinking about it that''s what all insurers do in reality regardless of what value you told them it was, only LV= seem a little more open about it
Think i will give them a go (y)
Totally agree! 👍

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
When I asked for a quote 3 or 4 years ago they had no cover for anything in the van except the radio/ICE. This is at odds with their caravan policies. I guess you would need to have separate cover through your house insurance. Theirs did not cover my van at that time either.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
When I asked for a quote 3 or 4 years ago they had no cover for anything in the van except the radio/ICE. This is at odds with their caravan policies. I guess you would need to have separate cover through your house insurance. Theirs did not cover my van at that time either.
That is still correct. £1k contents insurance. We have most elements named on our home contents insurance.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We used LV no problems, although no claims 🙂. The contents and personal possession limits are low, but as stated elsewhere alot of that is covered by home insurance, can be increased if you want but the costs go up, if you do that and add on breakdown etc... then the costs does start to approach the competition, although Safeguard are out on their own at the moment quoted us just under 1300.00 pounds this year 😱

Couple of things we noted:
1. When getting a quote you have to select Motorcaravan, in our case a Fiat Motorcaravan 2.3 150bhp, not just the base vehicle e.g. Fiat Ducato .....
2. Beware of LVBrokers or Highway insurance, it is LV motorhome insurance sold by brokers the websites are incredibly similar but the product is different e.g. limit of 60k vehicle value, you have to use LV.COM
3. The customer service staff knew their product, answered all questions clearly.

We found it unnerving that they are not interested in the motorhome make, model or an estimated value but eventually got over it 😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back