Knaus Sky Ti Kitchen Tap Malfunction (1 Viewer)

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
on a campsite in Italy and when wife went to use the kitchen tap the water did not flow; hot or cold. Turned the bathroom tap on and water flowed in both kitchen and bathroom. I forgot to bring the manuals for the Mhome but am led to believe that the water pump is controlled by a micro switch at the taps.

If this is true can I replace just the micro switch in the tap assembly or do I need to purchase a complete new tap?

Does anybody know how I could get the correct bits here in Italy?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I bought my microswitch on ebay, you might need to know which switch.

OP
OP
B

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks I need to know what tap is fitted. I haven't got manuals with me so will be looking at Cak website to identify it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you @scotjimland. Took the first part oif the tap off to find that the brown wire has come away from where it was located. When I have built up the courage will go to the next stage and dismantle the tap and see if I can reconnect the wire. Thank you for the attachment.

Kensmith314

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
Almost a year
I also have a Knaus Sky Ti and this very same thing happened to mine.
I had a very good independent engineer come out to fit a new microswitch and I watched him do the job.
Unfortunately, the switch seemed to be glued in and, try as he might, he couldn't get it out.
Instead, he did a bodge job by soldering the stray wire back on - it is still perfectly good almost a year later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back