Kingsbarns Parking, Fife [And a special bonus for me!] (1 Viewer)

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Left the Beeches former Certified Location site a littler earlier than planned today when a trio of Herberts showed up and made their mark in the toilets...

Decided to try Kings Barn Parking and, after negotiating the single track 2 way access road with passing places, was delighted to find the parking at the beach itself. Better still, 7 generous dedicated motorhome pitches, sufficiently wide for an awning and/or chairs to be used at the side of the Van.It's 'first come, first served' between cars and motorhomes during the day, but the 7 pitches are free to use for motorhome from 8pm to 7 am 'but please stay only for a maximum of 2 nights to allow access for other motorhomers', and there are temporary toilets at the side of the original toilet block [closed because of COVID precautions] with hand sanitiser dispensers outside. No grey or black water facilities but Fife Countryside Rangers will help you dispose of your rubbish bage [plenty of bins around the Car Park perimeter] and the setting is quite glorious!

Bonus for me as we pulled into the Car Park was to spot one of my favourite comedians getting back into his car. So abandoned Brunhilde, scooped up a pen and pad and waddled across and tapped the door. Mr Phil Jupitus was charm personified, gave me his autograph and had a brief chat. What a thorough gent, and absolutely charming! Star struck? Me? Course I am/was!

Steve

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Yea I saw Phill Jupitus and the blockheads at Retrofest at Culzean Castle a number of years ago... not only a great comedian but also a very very good Ian Drury.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
So nice to read this 👍🏻 . How’s the new van performing ? All working well ?
Settling nicely, thanks, and the routines are becoming established. The reversing camera looks to have croaked it tonight, but I'll have another look tomorrow before certifying death and summoning professional assistance! We had a lovely weekend nature watching and walking and generally chilling. Wore my little feet out yesterday getting lost in the forest, so crashed out in bed just before 9pm, dead to the world!

Steve

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Brilliant. Don’t worry about the reversing Camera. The other half constantly reminds me it’s there while I use the mirrors👍🏻.
Sounds like it’s all going well. 👍🏻

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Looks a really nice spot. Lovely area and coast and Dundee was a great city, and a better destination than Aberdeen!
I've given up on my reversing camera, its too distorted an image. I just get the boss to sort out my rear end, rain or shine! :LOL:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Great stopover. Had two nights there last week.
Elie just down the road also has dedicated motorhome bays.
They just ask that you only stay two nights max.
Here’s a photo of Kingsbarn beach at low tide looking from the golf course back towards the car park. You can just make out where the motorhomes are.
2EE94E83-8CFF-4B96-A6BE-5DCC72599610.jpeg

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
We stayed there for a night last June a lovely spot to stay but that track was doggy as the cars didn’t want to use the passing places or let us forward so we could pull in!!

Steve has fond memories of it as well as 3 ladies stripped of to go swim in the sea but never turned around so the dirty old man could gawp!!

Ellie was the next stop down that coast that was a lovely spot we stayed at for 2 nights really recommend that one.

Hope your enjoying your travels.

Liz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back