LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh how awful. I wonder how it happened ?Is the weather bad? Or a blow out maybe. I hope the occupants are ok.

Do you work in the camera office?

OP
OP
Andy1954
Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
No I live about 10 miles away and it came up on the village website. We had just had a massive rain storm.
On the headline it said Motorhome in trouble but looking at it I’m not sure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ralph drove past the other side while it was in the middle of the road. He said it was an old CI motorhome and there was a screen up blocking the front of the van . Ambulances and air ambulance there. He feared the worse. So I’m glad all passengers were ok.
You just don’t know what’s round the corner do you?

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The nearest I have been to this Is when a couple of "people" in cars "crowd you" going from two lanes into one, to "get past the crawling" Motorhome, caravan, Truck, whatever. The instinct is to move over, and on a very wet road braking too hard could be fatal.

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
We were 200m behind it so felt very lucky if wasn't us ! As reported air ambulance, 4 firetrucks,6 police vehicles,two first responders and 2 ambulances.
Drivers were very good about creating a third central lane for emergency vehicles.Hope no-one else in Yorkshire had an emergency this morning...
Impossible to work out as we passed it after an hour sitting stuck what had happened.It was very windy but not wet at that stage.

Tommo and Ca

Free Member
Apr 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago A Class
Exp
Too long to remember
Not sure what is worse.......the accident or the the people who photographic it and post it on social sites like this.

Tommo and Ca

Free Member
Apr 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago A Class
Exp
Too long to remember
That is partly the point of TV and the press, to report bad news, not MotorhomeFUN.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There is of course the possibility that reportage in whatever media. Might make others think about their actions and save at least one life?. Also, It is useful to be made aware of delays, for whatever reason, and have the option to re-route?.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
The rubber neckers and social media morons are by far the worst, no better than the ghouls who crouched round the gallows at a hanging
That is partly the point of TV and the press, to report bad news, not MotorhomeFUN.
I'm not quite sure why you are both part of the motorhome community and on this forum🤷🏼‍♂️

Details and this kind of news is pretty much essential for a lot of folk, especially if it was a blowout, or worse.

What we should all be grateful of, is that the reports are that 4 fellow motorhomers are safe and the media is an excellent tool for getting that message across.

They may have even been members, or have friends on the forum, as irnbru said, if you don't like a thread, don't open and move on.

Also see that you are both listed as new members, there are other motorhome forums available.

Your comment able values and decency is totally uncalled for.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm not quite sure why you are both part of the motorhome community and on this forum🤷🏼‍♂️

Details and this kind of news is pretty much essential for a lot of folk, especially if it was a blowout, or worse.

What we should all be grateful of, is that the reports are that 4 fellow motorhomers are safe and the media is an excellent tool for getting that message across.

They may have even been members, or have friends on the forum, as irnbru said, if you don't like a thread, don't open and move on.

Also see that you are both listed as new members, there are other motorhome forums available.

Your comment able values and decency is totally uncalled for.
I think photographing the aftermath of the motorhome on its side from a distance isn't really that ghoulish.
But the people close to the crash victims who rather than help just video the scene and people driving in the opposite direction slowing right down and rubber necking are.
I think it ought to be illegal to sell a video of someone injured without their permission and the injured person ought to be able to sue to receive any payment received for the video

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I think photographing the aftermath of the motorhome on its side from a distance isn't really that ghoulish.
But the people close to the crash victims who rather than help just video the scene and people driving in the opposite direction slowing right down and rubber necking are.
I think it ought to be illegal to sell a video of someone injured without their permission and the injured person ought to be able to sue to receive any payment received for the video
I dont know if you are aware? but it is possible to view traffic camera`s online, when you know how. I have looked at Traffic Cams before to-day. out of curiosity, but mainly to asses the volume of traffic in roadworks and decide my route?.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
There isn’t a driver on the planet that wouldn’t look if they came across a scene like this on the opposite carriageway.
That's true enough but some almost slow to a stop especially if it's recent there attention seems to be totally on whats happening and theyre trying to get a good look.
If I see they've got the screen's up I just want to get past and out of the way.

Deleted User
I dont know if you are aware? but it is possible to view traffic camera`s online, when you know how. I have looked at Traffic Cams before to-day. out of curiosity, but mainly to asses the volume of traffic in roadworks and decide my route?.

They are quite often turned off in the immediate vicinity of a major incident.
A very useful tool though for assessing tailbacks in real time, even the advice given on the same website is often inaccurate.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
That's true enough but some almost slow to a stop especially if it's recent there attention seems to be totally on whats happening and theyre trying to get a good look.
If I see they've got the screen's up I just want to get past and out of the way.
I couldn't agree more, I've seen people in front of me holding phones out of the window, causing even more of a problem and increasing the risk of tailenders behind them. Thes people should go to banger racing and get it out of their system.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
There isn’t a driver on the planet that wouldn’t look if they came across a scene like this on the opposite carriageway.
People always go on about this on motorways
If you are driving on a motorway when you first see blue lights you usually cant tell which lanes or carriageways are affected.
Traffic should be slowing down in doth directions

Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
Not sure what is worse.......the accident or the the people who photographic it and post it on social sites like this.
You think that making an obviously humane concerned post on this site is maybe worse than an actual serious accident. Did you actually think before writing that?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back