tankerpaul50

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
hi looking for some information we have a 7.5 mtr motorhome and are wondering if it is possible to take it onto Jersey and any recommendations for somewhere to pitch up (campsite)

MikeD

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Have you seen this?

Broken Link Removed

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Oddly enough, we have just returned from a few days in Jersey only yesterday! ( have family there) . We flew and stayed with them. I was surprised at how many large (ish) motorhomes there were on driveways, obviously owned there, but there was also a small aire ( well, looked like an aire) just off St. Peter’s valley with half a dozen on. My uncle was a Jersey cop for 30 years and said they never took much notice, especially off season. It’s a truly beautiful island and the wilding opportunities are everywhere, beach car parks and large pubs, but this is not officially encouraged as per the link above.

All that being said, the majority of the roads are very narrow, and worse still have no footpaths and the verges are mainly stone walls, with tight junctions, and I wouldnt be happy diving anything larger than a pvc over there, even that being said, I don’t think I’d take a van there, the driving would be a tad on the challenging side!

There is only 1 bit of dual carriageway along the coast out of St. Helier, and the max speed limit anywhere is 40, with mainly 20 or 30 limits. Not a place for touring in a MH, I suspect the local owners all hop off to froggy land.

Lovely place though! Just not in a MH. ( imho !)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I have not taken motorhome to Jersey, the rules are or appear to be quite strict. The island is however beautiful, restaurants reasonable prices, good for walking and it had on our visits a really good and punctual bus service.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
We’ve been three times now. Our MH is 7.5mtrs, you will have to go on the slow ferry. Roads there are narrowish, but do take single decker buses. I don’t think I would like to meet one whilst in MH. We’ve always hired a car whilst there. Which can be dropped off for you, then just leave it for the company to collect once hire has come to an end.

The site we go to is Rozel Camping, top right of the island. http://www.rozelcamping.com/ Great views across to France. There is a pool, games room, small shop during peak season, TV room and a small library with places to sit and read should you want to. Mini golf and two ablution blocks, washing machines etc. We have always been met at the ferry and taken to the site, which is useful. Good sized pitches and you can choose which why to site your van within the confines of your pitch. They supply you with all the necessary documentation too.

Bus stop just a small walk away to take you into St Helier. Walk down hill to take you to Rozel Beach there is several ways to walk there. There’s a bus stop at the bottom, if timed well to get you back up! A few bars and restaurants and bacon butty van on the harbour.

This a couple of years ago. 81296034-7D4A-4331-A489-5EC034B4CF60.jpegto give you an idea There are quite a few varying size fields with hireable tents placed intermittently 43DECEC8-379C-47DE-92DF-CCAFBF7D4D4B.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Only small number of sites on Jersey, they do get booked up from May by loyalty scheme members, do not forget gst on site fees. As stated before roads are very narrow, really only x3 main north to south direction, but get stuck behind a tractor or bus then gets busy. do not forget the locals all know the short cuts so if you decide another route expect to hit traffic again.
Hire cars available you can drive around island in a few hours calling at all the viewing ports.
On visiting Jersey you do see several motorhomes dotted about in driveways but the owners normally head straight for the continents.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We visit Jersey at least once a year but have never done it in motorhome. When we were over last July I went and had a look at Beuvelande Campsite. Very impressed with it. The roads to it can get a bit tight especially the last 100 metres. However I wouldn't hesitate to take my van there as I have been down much tighter roads in the uk mainland. Motorists tend to be polite and more willing to give you time and space.The beaches are fabulous and there are great coastal paths for walking. If you like restaurants and pubs etc then there are some great ones here. Get a Randalls loyalty card if you use the pubs and restaurants and you could save a bit on food and drink. Most sites are out in the country but there is a good bus network on the island with buses costing £2 a trip. I have cycled all around the island and feel quite safe. The only negative is that the island can be expensive and the costs will add up with the price of camping and ferry.

skylinersi

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We have been to Jersey lots....but camping or hotels....roads are very narrow so I would not take our pic....not been back since we bought the adria which is a bit of a shame.
As others have said loads to do, great restaurants and cafes great beaches very friendly.

Guernsey is lovely too but roads even narrower but great place....almost lost in time....recommend a visit!!!!

Caggsie1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Motorhomes have the freedom to move about unlike caravans, but have to return to designated site daily. Not sure how it is monitored. St Ouen beach had quite a few in one of the car parks, what looked like, wild camping in the car park two years ago. Surfing peeps. Brelade bay is lovely. Plemont is a great beach too, very steep steps, but great when tide is out. The other thing we loved was the Thai restaurant on the beach! First year we went it was on one beach then year 3 had moved.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back