Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
As you've broken into the fuel system in a couple of places, there will be air in the system that needs purging, which could take a few goes ? You could undo the pipes at the filter and cycle the ignition a few times too, or if there was no issues (pre ignition/knocking) etc, you could just go for it and give it a few little sprays of Easy Start and see if it starts ?
Will do thanks

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
What was the outcome with the non starting I have been following your progress ?
Still not startting!! Charging battery and letting the ECU de charge. Will try again and do one of 3 things

1. Change main fuel filter (no idea why but its something!l

2. Send ECU away to be checked

3. Set fire to it and walk away.

I do think the ECU/EDC is the culpirt.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Still not startting!! Charging battery and letting the ECU de charge. Will try again and do one of 3 things

1. Change main fuel filter (no idea why but its something!l

2. Send ECU away to be checked

3. Set fire to it and walk away.

I do think the ECU/EDC is the culpirt.
Like I said earlier you have breakdown cover ring them up for another opinion, it can’t harm
It’s only the sam as asking option here.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Follow the fuel line testing at each point. You have new pump, is it working? Is fuel coming out of it? If yes go to the next pipe joint? Is there fuel and so on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi we recently had all the same problems as you Jock knows this without his advice and help I think we would of give up on motorhomeing Thanks so much Jock .After rereading all the posts I suggest if all else fails check out post 23 the little shaft in the main pump was our problem took a lot of time to test and replace all the things suggested but in the end that was the problem Hope this isn’t the problem we got a new pump not cheap but great relief .Hope this is helpful.

Sillybug (Teresa)

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi just spoke to other half he said not main pump but a smaller pump that sits along side the diesel pump ,he watched machanic fix it and he said they took it off in 20 mins then took it to a repair shop and was back on in 20 mins ,
Sillybug (Teresa)

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I sent the ECU off to Martyn at Vantuner over the weekend. He removed the factory immobilizer from the ECU (no idea how!) and did a check of the ECU. It seems that this is a big issue with Iveco engines

I then spent a fun 30 minutes finding the Immobiliser box under the steering wheel and unplugging it!!! (I'm fat, old and not very supple so hanging upside down using one hand was a challenge!!)

The error codes on the EDC were mostly down to me pulling relays when trying to start.

So far I have changed the inline pump and fuel is definitely getting to the filter. I have also changed the fuel filter as the seal was mangled and could be causing a pressure issue. Hopefully EDC will be back tomorrow so I can refit and hopefully will start.

If it doesn't.... fire may be the only option!! or I then start looking at the wiring itself and the high pressure pump. I have probably saved a few hours of garage time so far (well that's what I'm telling myself!! and I'm cheaper than £50 an hour)

IMG-20230210-WA0006.jpg IMG-20230210-WA0007.jpg

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I sent the ECU off to Martyn at Vantuner over the weekend. He removed the factory immobilizer from the ECU (no idea how!) and did a check of the ECU. It seems that this is a big issue with Iveco engines

I then spent a fun 30 minutes finding the Immobiliser box under the steering wheel and unplugging it!!! (I'm fat, old and not very supple so hanging upside down using one hand was a challenge!!)

The error codes on the EDC were mostly down to me pulling relays when trying to start.

So far I have changed the inline pump and fuel is definitely getting to the filter. I have also changed the fuel filter as the seal was mangled and could be causing a pressure issue. Hopefully EDC will be back tomorrow so I can refit and hopefully will start.

If it doesn't.... fire may be the only option!! or I then start looking at the wiring itself and the high pressure pump. I have probably saved a few hours of garage time so far (well that's what I'm telling myself!! and I'm cheaper than £50 an hour)

View attachment 716698 View attachment 716699
£50 more like ££££££ but hope you have got it sorted out electronics eh the future 🤬 we’re f*****d with all this crap even they can’t fix it
What. Do we do ! What are the options
Do we stop buying vans because that is the only way it would work 🤬

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I must be mad but I am finding the whole thing fun!! Yeah its frustrating but ultimately, I will come away wiser. Skint but wiser!! I did find another fun problem whilst I was faffing about. I found 2 x 25 amp fuses in the engine bay that were broken. I replaced 1 and I have no idea what it did and the second started a pump of some sort on the rear air suspension.... in the end I just pulled the thing out!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I must be mad but I am finding the whole thing fun!! Yeah its frustrating but ultimately, I will come away wiser. Skint but wiser!! I did find another fun problem whilst I was faffing about. I found 2 x 25 amp fuses in the engine bay that were broken. I replaced 1 and I have no idea what it did and the second started a pump of some sort on the rear air suspension.... in the end I just pulled the thing out!
That may be the compressor for your rear air suspension? 👍

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
That may be the compressor for your rear air suspension? 👍
I was thinking that but it didn't switch off just kept running so i pulled the fuse until i get the engine running again. By the looks of the fuse, it had been knackered a long time.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I was thinking that but it didn't switch off just kept running so i pulled the fuse until i get the engine running again. By the looks of the fuse, it had been knackered a long time.
It should have a pressure switch at the compressor end. just look at the rear axel check if it has big bags fitted like this
image.jpg

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

How have you been raising and lowering the rear end of the Motorhome?

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
How have you been raising and lowering the rear end of the Motorhome?
With the buttons in the cab!! the light comes on when engine running and then goes out when its at the right hight I guess. Its likely that its only running weirdly at the minute due to the engine not running

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
The compressor runs for a couple of minutes to fill the tank and bags then should switch of when pressure is reached

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
With the buttons in the cab!! the light comes on when engine running and then goes out when its at the right hight I guess. Its likely that its only running weirdly at the minute due to the engine not running

Sorry, I’m obviously confused… I thought you said the fuse looks like it had been blown for a long time and the compressor firing was unexpected?

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Sorry, I’m obviously confused… I thought you said the fuse looks like it had been blown for a long time and the compressor firing was unexpected?
So am I!!

when I found the 2 fuses, they were really corroded and were broken. As i replaced the fuse, the compressor fired up under the wagon.

On starting the warning light would come on for the air suspension and the go out so i assumed it was working. I just put the fuse back in and tried starting the engine and the air pump was going mad followed after switching off by lots of hissing after it decided to deflate again! that's for another time!!

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
replaced the ECU, and still not starting....... tries to turn over with easy start but dies. fuel definitely getting as far as filter as I changed it the other day.....

Back to drawing board

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
replaced the ECU, and still not starting....... tries to turn over with easy start but dies. fuel definitely getting as far as filter as I changed it the other day.....

Back to drawing board
Have you checked out sillybug Glenn & Teresa's post above, re the tiny plastic shaft breaking at the fuel pump. Their Iveco was off the road for months due to that problem. :(

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back