Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Hi All, It seems that mechanics in the area avoid motorhomes!! I can not find anyone willing to look at the van! So I'm going to do it myself!! Before I attempt to remove the High pressure pump, Is there a supplementary feed pump in the fuel tank I should take a look at first? Only asking as it will likely be easier to check that part first!!

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Removed post - wrong info/diagram

Thanks JockandRita

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm not aware of one in the tank Taff, but I am aware of an inline 12v pump on the chassis rail, between the tank and injector pump.

Good luck with it,

Jock. :)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hi All, It seems that mechanics in the area avoid motorhomes!! I can not find anyone willing to look at the van! So I'm going to do it myself!! Before I attempt to remove the High pressure pump, Is there a supplementary feed pump in the fuel tank I should take a look at first? Only asking as it will likely be easier to check that part first!!
I'm an old school mechanic and, as such, two things I would have done,
1, make sure the fuel in the tank was well above the delivery pipe and not old.
Old fuel sometimes tends to jel and bio fuel can especially.
You have said that it is flowing from the filter so that shouldn't be a problem but worth checking.
Although one sees it being used on Bangers and Cash constantly and every time I cringe.
I was told by my tutors, never to use Cold Start!
This is basically Ether and too much sprayed into an engine can raise the cylinder pressure far higher than some engines were designed for.
(Many will disagree I know but, if it is used, use it very sparingly.)

PS. I believe, on some common rail engines, there is a fuel pressure sensor on the injectors, has this been checked?
PPS. Is the there not faults showing on your OB scanner to give you some idea where the fault is?
Good Luck!

Last edited:

rupert

Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
hi I had a sprinter some time ago that was showing signs of lack of fuel, turned out to be faulty filter sucking air. I found out by fitting transparent fuel lines each side of filter then I could see bubbles in fuel. Maybe worth a try

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I'm not aware of one in the tank Taff, but I am aware of an inline 12v pump on the chassis rail, between the tank and injector pump.

Good luck with it,

Ive changed that one and the filter. fuel is getting there but not to the High Pressure Pump

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
TBH Taff, it's been that long now since the thread was started, that I can't remember what you have done, or haven't done, without trawling through the thread again............and I'm not doing that. Sorry.
Did you get in touch with the other Funster couple sillybug Glen & Teresa, (as suggested), who were having exactly the same problem on their Flair, as you are having on yours?

Cheers,

OP
OP
Taff015
Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
TBH Taff, it's been that long now since the thread was started, that I can't remember what you have done, or haven't done, without trawling through the thread again............and I'm not doing that. Sorry.
Did you get in touch with the other Funster couple sillybug Glen & Teresa, (as suggested), who were having exactly the same problem on their Flair, as you are having on yours?

Cheers,

As a heads up......... What a 14 months this has been!!!!

I have no doubt that the culprit is the part on the High Pressure Pump.

Its taken me this long to find a Mechanic who will actually turn up at the house, and his company to agree to take the van in and fix it and just as long to find a recovery company to lift the van.

Top tip, if you need any work doing in the Shrewsbury area, just don't bother with looking about, just go straight to Evolution Camper Van Conversions. They do what they say they are going to do. I can also tell you who to avoid as they promise the earth and don't turn up (one guy didn't turn up 6 times before I stopped chasing him!)

Hopefully back on the road soon!! As I'm going to need it as I have a new job near Carlisle and cant find anywhere cheap to rent!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back