It's snowing here in France! (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So after torrential rain in the campsite last night we woke up to this :oops::oops:
Fantastic except that as we are at 900m, it will be a whiteout up in resort so probably not much skiing today sadly. My daughter is here with her wife in the little pop top.
Windy here in Xeraco, worse thing about this campsite is the dirty sods that don't wash their hands after going to the toilet, no wonder COVID and what else spreads 😡
ooh grim

IMG_6017.jpeg

IMG_6027.jpeg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What a difference a day and a few hundred km make! We had a load of rain overnight at Issoire but now it's a lovely day with bright warm sunshine and fluffy clouds.

We're currently on the D2009 just going through Saint Pourcain Sur Soiule on our way to Briare and hopefully the good weather will hold.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Windy here in Xeraco, worse thing about this campsite is the dirty sods that don't wash their hands after going to the toilet, no wonder COVID and what else spreads 😡
Yes, we noticed just how prevalent this bad habit is while at Denia. I’d be cleaning teeth etc at the communal wash area and saw hardly anyone washing their hands after using the toilets. Quite grossed me out. Used to leave the bathroom opening the door with a tissue so that I didn’t have to touch it with my bare hands. 😨

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Just checked the Forecast - The weather & temps. in Bordeaux are virtually identical to here in North Wales this Easter.
Is this usually the case?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Rained most of the day yesterday at Honfleur, €13 a pint around the marina so we found a great bar at the right hand side, 1664 for €7.20 so stayed they’re for quite a while with a cheese and charcuterie board to feed us until meal time.

Went round the corner to a lovely little restaurant, the food was superb and quite affordable but we fell foul of the 2 bottles of wine we had at €48 a bottle😱😭.

So this morning we left Honfleur, sunny but cold and arrived at Gravelines early afternoon, straight to the boozer and booked a table for tonight.

Tunnel tomorrow at 10.20am then straight up to Brownhills for 2 nights, leaving the moho for service and loads of warranty work.

It’s been a great 7 month adventure and we’ve loved it 👍

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just checked the Forecast - The weather & temps. in Bordeaux are virtually identical to here in North Wales this Easter.
Is this usually the case?
Maybe thats why the French park so close to you on Aires, even if there's loads of unoccupied space, its to snuggle up and keep warm.
If they were Dutch then its to save Gas also. :giggle:
LES

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Weird weather in Spain yesterday we are in Roses and had cold wet windy weather with thunderstorms late afternoon. Further South even as far as Malaga and Andalusia had snow forecast isn’t very clever so staying put till it sorts itself.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Sitting in the rain in Tordesillas, we looked at Ventusky, and our Plan A travel to Caceres and then on to southern Portugal, plan B, travel east to Spanish med coast, Plan C?
Decided that going east was just as bad weatherwise with the added bonus of unknown busyness this week so plan A it was.
Got to Caceres through very heavy rain and the aire totally full as I had half expected. Thankfully someone had posted a few days ago about Trujillo so we made the extra journey here to find space. Rain/hail is relentless so we cannot leave the van but we knew we would have to sit it out somewhere. I would rather sit it out here than on an expensive campsite with dripping trees and muddy patches. Time for those films we downloaded I think.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Saw on another thread snow in Granada today.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Warm, but very windy, here in south west Murcia. A few more days of windy weather to come, according to the forecasts.

Meanwhile, just over the border of northern Murcia and Andalucia. An hour or so away from here.

Screenshot_20240327_102315_Chrome~2.jpg

Jan 2, 2022
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2019
Just on our way back northward from Spain travelling on the A75, today we've had typical Irish weather ... sun, heavy rain, hail, sleet and now snow! We're at around 1100m and still climbing, just passed a snowplough/gritter. 😳

We're supposed to be stopping for the night shortly but might press on to try to get lower and hopefully a bit warmer. :cold:

View attachment 879765
We were on the A63, no snow over this side but did encounter torrential rain around Bordeaux 😵‍💫

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Blimey, we’re just getting sorted to travel down to Bordeaux area next week. Perhaps worth putting off for a week……

Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
Just on our way back northward from Spain travelling on the A75, today we've had typical Irish weather ... sun, heavy rain, hail, sleet and now snow! We're at around 1100m and still climbing, just passed a snowplough/gritter. 😳

We're supposed to be stopping for the night shortly but might press on to try to get lower and hopefully a bit warmer. :cold:

View attachment 879765
Passed that way a few days ago. It was beautiful and sunny. Arras was our last stop before Calais and it was really cold, but no sign of snow. Now in muddy, pot hole UK.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Still really quite mild in Derbyshire today, though starting to get a bit cold. I am now sitting up in bed typing on my laptop with electric blanket on and a heavy blanket around my shoulders and dogs at my feet. Mr Gina M looks comfy curled up on the floor though :rofl:

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Why are you there, Did you get stuck?
We were at Puy St Vincent, 1800m up. We arrived Sunday and left today, it hasn’t stopped snowing since Tuesday until tonight. I reckon 60cm easily and that’s not an exaggeration.

Thankfully a plough and loading shovel came and shifted the snow from the majority of the Aire late afternoon so we made a run for it to lower down the Durance Valley as it forecast another dump tonight. It’s a lot less snowy lower down but still only 3 degrees.

There wasn’t any snow on the car park when we arrived. 🫣

IMG_3306.jpeg
IMG_3349.jpeg
IMG_3350.jpeg

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
We are in the picos northern Spain. Snow on hills when we arrived been raining and sleet all day. Snow now all but gone. At least not very windy tonight, it was gales late yesterday and early part of the night. Even cats would not go out. They don't like the wind up em.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
We are in the picos northern Spain. Snow on hills when we arrived been raining and sleet all day. Snow now all but gone. At least not very windy tonight, it was gales late yesterday and early part of the night. Even cats would not go out. They don't like the wind up em.

We are west of you in Fonsin, Galicia, parked up in our neice’s garden where we celebrated her wedding in August last year. More celebrations last night as she announced that she’s 12 weeks pregnant! Weather overnight was wet and windy but the forecast for the northern Spanish coast looks good for the coming week, so we’ll probably head slowly towards Santander.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back