Its all kicked off at Totana Camperstopsierraespuna. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Very productive fishing off the rocks yesterday, returned to base after to see what activities have been arranged for the days ahead......our small Christmas lunch party planned for Monday has now grown in size from the expected 10 to a staggering 24, well that's what the visitors want, but we cannot say if the restaurant can fit everyone in.....we will see today. So any Funsters who are planning to come here over Christmas, please bring a sandwich.....pitches remain available, but Xmas day lunch is fully booked...
A bike ride this morning, not too difficult, later we drive to Alicante airport to drop of family......

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Very productive fishing off the rocks yesterday, returned to base after to see what activities have been arranged for the days ahead......our small Christmas lunch party planned for Monday has now grown in size from the expected 10 to a staggering 24, well that's what the visitors want, but we cannot say if the restaurant can fit everyone in.....we will see today. So any Funsters who are planning to come here over Christmas, please bring a sandwich.....pitches remain available, but Xmas day lunch is fully booked...
A bike ride this morning, not too difficult, later we drive to Alicante airport to drop of family......

your sending them back already, I though they were there for the whole 12 days of festivites ?

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
The problem in Spain, is they are not so good at the catch and release idea. Stocks have been depleted by 'fish for the pot.' I have even seen them catching tiddlers in marina's and taking them home to eat. :(

I started back fresh water fishing a few years back and thought I would go to one of my favourite spots Chichester Canal, spoke to the chap in the tackle shop and he said don’t bother as all the fish have been stolen by our local European friends:(

The local angling club have had a lot of issues with carp being taken..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Barbie and mulled wine today. Colin was pressed into service once again.

IMG_20171222_180213.jpg
IMG_20171222_155458.jpg

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I was thinking of sneaking out and feeding it sugar at 0530!

Chablais

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi Folks
we are leaving the Alps to drive to Murcia on Dec 30th, which site do you use? We are hoping to find space in Sierra Espunia and enjoy some cycling in Jan/Feb.
Andy

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi Folks
we are leaving the Alps to drive to Murcia on Dec 30th, which site do you use? We are hoping to find space in Sierra Espunia and enjoy some cycling in Jan/Feb.
Andy

Hi Andy, come armed with Strava, Wikiloc or other device that has recorded routes around here, (Sierra Espuna)...on your cold Cumbrian winter nights take a look, some of the walking/cycling visitors may still be here, you will be most welcome.

Chablais

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Thanks Martin, we are in Morzine ski ing at the moment, will look up some routes as you suggest. We have not ridden our bikes since October, due to the snow arriving early in the Alps. Looking forward to riding again, and hopefully in sunshine. Have a great Christmas. Thanks again
Andy

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Split groups again today. Some went cycling and we went walking. Eight of us (and Lester) had an enjoyable walk high in Espuña. I carried cheese and wine. Ros took Christmas cake and Maggie had ginger biscuits and chocolates!!!

On our return Nurse Steph checked us out with a blood pressure machine. MOST of us were normal :xrofl:.

We walked them .....
IMG_20171224_113711.jpg

To Purgatory!!!
IMG_20171224_121910.jpg

IMG_20171224_122429.jpg

And beyond
IMG_20171224_130216.jpg

Had our lunch break
IMG_20171224_160720.jpg

Then our health checkup!!!
IMG_20171224_155046.jpg

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks guys, good group yesterday, we enjoyed your company, now looking forward to Xmas Lunch with most of the Camperstop visitors.
Sorry but that does not read too well, I meant to say Looking forward to having lunch with those who are joining us, not some of the ones who are coming but I do not want them to come, the ones who are not coming. Hope that's clear, I am confused.....will report later if all went well, sure it will. Have got the money upfront.

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks guys, good group yesterday, we enjoyed your company, now looking forward to Xmas Lunch with most of the Camperstop visitors.
Sorry but that does not read too well, I meant to say Looking forward to having lunch with those who are joining us, not some of the ones who are coming but I do not want them to come, the ones who are not coming. Hope that's clear, I am confused.....will report later if all went well, sure it will. Have got the money upfront.

Started the Christmas wine already Martin?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
:xblink::xblink::xblink::xsurprised: you been picking mushrooms again!

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Presents opened.....totally delighted.....Box of Thorntons....Surf casting rod (Self Bought)....Electric toothbrush....that should keep the Fishing Rod bright and shiny.....

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We had a Quince bush outside the patio door at home when I was little, Mum ever the resourceful type didn't know what it was or if it was edible but saw this nice fruit every year so she made Quince Jam/Jelly, a bit sharp from my memory and I don't think it got made again. And I think it was red not green.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back