It’s confirmed my dometic fridge is cr*ptemp (1 Viewer)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
currently in France with a mate who also has a motor home... I have the large dometic fridge freezer with added fans fitted to a thermostat and he has the thetford fridge freezer with no addition fans.

My dometic fridge temp never below 8.6 c with fans assisting
My mates thetford fridge 3.7 with no fans

They are both stocked roughy the same amount

Which just goes to prove, Dometic fridges not fit for purpose and are a pile of crap

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Our dometic is great, freezes stuff over night if it's set too low.
Ambients of high twenties here.

Fridge temp goes up in the day a bit because of opening the door and putting warm cans in etc.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Our dometic fridge freezer works perfectly, even In last summer's temperatures the freezer maintained -18c and the fridge maintained 5c throughout a two week holiday in July.

D.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not much hope for you,:giggle:Thetford own Dometic :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
when did last have it serviced? Just like the van?
Not a lot of people realise a hab service generally does not include servicing the fridge just seeing if its safe. We asked to have the fridge serviced at our last hab service to be told they don't do them!!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Any good dealer should be able to change the gas jet and clean the chimney. It's not rocket science. It's usually all that's wrong with it - after 10 years!!!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Any good dealer should be able to change the gas jet and clean the chimney. It's not rocket science. It's usually all that's wrong with it - after 10 years!!!
I changed the gas jet on ours last year but wouldn't do it for someone else if I ran a business unless I had qualifications and insurance!. I would have cleaned the flue but can't get to it without taking the fridge out and chickened out!

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I have had the dometic fridge freezer in both my current carthago and my previous Rapido and both have been superb never had a problem freezer keeps everything frozen solid and fridge ins always cold I never need it above half power else it is too cold

What other fridge freezers come in motorhomes and why are they better than the dometic ones

Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
Our domestic fridge was having the same issues, we took a can of compressed air and squirted it around the mechanical bits which are accessible through the exteriors vent. A few seconds but a lot of dirt and dust later the fridge temperature dropped and all was good. It also worked when the jets didn’t want to ignite,

• Thanks
Reactions: TCG

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After nothing but grief from two Thetford units I fitted a dometic.. Even in 40c in Italy last year is performed faultlessly .. and no fans fitted
Interesting point re fans.
The fridge relies on heat to make the heat exchanger work.. your fans are not TOO efficient are they ?
Might be worth disconnecting them and see what happens

• Thanks
Reactions: TCG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back