Rally Chat Isle of Wight rally 2024 (1 Viewer)

tmar

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
10yrs
I am thinking of organising a roving rally on the Isle of Wight. This would be a 5 to 7 day rally with two to three days at several sites giving opportunity to explore some of the attractions ie Osborne house, Casisbrook castle and Alum bay with a possible visit to the Goddards brewery and the Mermaid brewery. Anyone interested in this to be in June/July?

OP
OP
tmar

tmar

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
10yrs
At the moment it will be June but, it depends on our commitments.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 7, 2018
Buntingford
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Platinum
Exp
Since 2019
Hi. Can you please provisionally put our names in, depending on dates, of course. Thanks

OP
OP
tmar

tmar

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
10yrs
Hi,

Due to the interest already I will have to limit the number to10 as some of the venues are restricted, so those expressed interest will be given priority. The cost will be confirmed but you will need to book the ferry (PM me to obtain details).

Martin

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I'm interested!
Sadly I was reminded late last night that, at the moment, I have an important engagement elsewhere in that week, but as I'm number 9, it's good news for someone? šŸ˜¢

OP
OP
tmar

tmar

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 9, 2016
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
10yrs
Sadly I was reminded late last night that, at the moment, I have an important engagement elsewhere in that week, but as I'm number 9, it's good news for someone? šŸ˜¢
Hi,

As I have had so many replies and people who have committed to come I am thinking I may run another one later in the year ie September if that would be of interest. Also I have yet to decide on the exact date as I need to find out commitments to other clubs I belong to.

Martin

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hi,

As I have had so many replies and people who have committed to come I am thinking I may run another one later in the year ie September if that would be of interest. Also I have yet to decide on the exact date as I need to find out commitments to other clubs I belong to.

Martin
Then, might well be interested, dependent on details.

Sep 7, 2018
Buntingford
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Platinum
Exp
Since 2019
Can you please put us down for the later one as well please, in case we cannot achieve a place on the first one? Thank you

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Hi,

Due to the interest already I will have to limit the number to10 as some of the venues are restricted, so those expressed interest will be given priority. The cost will be confirmed but you will need to book the ferry (PM me to obtain details).

Martin
Donā€™t the campsites get reduced ferry fares?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Donā€™t the campsites get reduced ferry fares?
Some do but we found the C&MC 50% discount even better when we visited earlier in the year. Watch out for the Portsmouth low emissions zone if your motorhome is non compliant, access to the continental ferries is before the zone but not the IoW ones, you might want to use one of the other crossings.

We found the SW side of the island the quietest and best for scenery but that is just personal taste, as is my opinion of the Alum Bay ā€œattractionsā€.

CraftyCaver

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 715
Depending on what we plan this sounds lovely šŸ˜Š
I am thinking of organising a roving rally on the Isle of Wight. This would be a 5 to 7 day rally with two to three days at several sites giving opportunity to explore some of the attractions ie Osborne house, Casisbrook castle and Alum bay with a possible visit to the Goddards brewery and the Mermaid brewery. Anyone interested in this to be in June/July

Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Anyone thinking of going from Portsmouth to Fishbourne the LEZ in Portsmouth is surrounding the iow ferry port.
Ā£100 extra each way for me to go to the iow from pompey as my bus is old.
I now go via Southampton or Lymington instead of using white link.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back