Rally Chat Isle of Wight rally 2024 (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I only want to go to the Mermaid distillery. You can drop me off and pick me up a week later. :inlove:

If in July, I would be more than interested. Mr. Macron needs my money in June.:france:

Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
Anyone thinking of going from Portsmouth to Fishbourne the LEZ in Portsmouth is surrounding the iow ferry port.
£100 extra each way for me to go to the iow from pompey as my bus is old.
I now go via Southampton or Lymington instead of using white link.
It's £50 each way and free if you're not classed by the DVLA as HGV

Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
Anyone thinking of going from Portsmouth to Fishbourne the LEZ in Portsmouth is surrounding the iow ferry port.
£100 extra each way for me to go to the iow from pompey as my bus is old.
I now go via Southampton or Lymington instead of using white link.
Sorry to disappoint you - Lymington is Wightlink!!!
You can also get 50% discount with Wightlink through the CCC VIA their web site only, go to the ferry page and follow link to IoW ferries!!
Hope this helps you all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
I am thinking of organising a roving rally on the Isle of Wight. This would be a 5 to 7 day rally with two to three days at several sites giving opportunity to explore some of the attractions ie Osborne house, Casisbrook castle and Alum bay with a possible visit to the Goddards brewery and the Mermaid brewery. Anyone interested in this to be in June/July?
" Mermaid DISSTILLARY ".!! Goddards new Brewery is very good !! Tours about 12 & 2 pm ,and a restaurant too !!.

Feb 23, 2017
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
We could be interested if a space is available. We’ve just had five days at Appldurcombe Gardens site via Red Funnel deal great site and location.

Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
Hi,

Due to the interest already I will have to limit the number to10 as some of the venues are restricted, so those expressed interest will be given priority. The cost will be confirmed but you will need to book the ferry (PM me to obtain details).

Martin
The campsite should get you a good deal on the gerry

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
" Red Funnel " have JUST announced a third off for bookings for next year !! Book through one of their four sites to get preferential site booking s too.

Jun 12, 2018
Funster No
Some do but we found the C&MC 50% discount even better when we visited earlier in the year. Watch out for the Portsmouth low emissions zone if your motorhome is non compliant, access to the continental ferries is before the zone but not the IoW ones, you might want to use one of the other crossings.

We found the SW side of the island the quietest and best for scenery but that is just personal taste, as is my opinion of the Alum Bay “attractions”.
Drivers and operators of non-compliant buses, coaches, heavy goods vehicles, taxi and private hire vehicles are required to pay a daily charge to enter the CAZ unless their vehicle has been granted an exemption. Not motorhomes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back