Islay (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oddly one of my least favourite trips, its a long crossing, which does mean not too many people do it, hence the waving maybe :)

Some nice scenery and some excellent gin from Bruin Laddich, possibly my favourite gin ever The Botanist

Wild camping not easy, sites that we found quite basic and expensive, couldn't access many beaches with MH roads too small and no parking

I think my problem was doing the western isles first, had I worked my way up, this would have seemed better, to me once I had been on Harris I could go back there every trip

That is till I have been to Norway maybe :)(y) and the odd trip to France of course (y)

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Oddly one of my least favourite trips, its a long crossing, which does mean not too many people do it, hence the waving maybe :)

Some nice scenery and some excellent gin from Bruin Laddich, possibly my favourite gin ever The Botanist

Wild camping not easy, sites that we found quite basic and expensive, couldn't access many beaches with MH roads too small and no parking

I think my problem was doing the western isles first, had I worked my way up, this would have seemed better, to me once I had been on Harris I could go back there every trip

That is till I have been to Norway maybe :)(y) and the odd trip to France of course (y)

Norway we loved, we spent three Christmas and New years there.

First one on tyrifjorden lake in a beautiful House, ferry from Newcastle - Kristiansand with our Minibus.

Also stayed in Ovre Ramse, went in motorhome but hired a log house.

Three other times by motorhome. Sadly no longer any Ferries so cannot make the trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back