Is it possible to transfer tracker? (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We're in the process of buying another vehicle and trading in our existing one. We will leave the tracker in it but I just wondered if it's possible to transfer trackers from vehicle to vehicle?

Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
Yes it is possible. About 7 years ago I took my old van back to Eddie at Vanbitz to have it taken out and it was put in my new van by them a few weeks later.

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
Is it really worth changing ?

We have a May 2017 Swift Bolero which has now done just under 6000 miles. A few weeks ago we were coming back from France and about 15 minutes from England in the tunnel when my mobile rang, and someone from Sergeant Electrical asked me if I knew my motorhome was in the Channel tunnel to which I obviously said yes and he said that he would reset it for me.
This is the second time we have used the tunnel since buying the van in May, surely if the system was any good we would have been alerted when the van first went across the Channel in July.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Is it really worth changing ?

We have a May 2017 Swift Bolero which has now done just under 6000 miles. A few weeks ago we were coming back from France and about 15 minutes from England in the tunnel when my mobile rang, and someone from Sergeant Electrical asked me if I knew my motorhome was in the Channel tunnel to which I obviously said yes and he said that he would reset it for me.
This is the second time we have used the tunnel since buying the van in May, surely if the system was any good we would have been alerted when the van first went across the Channel in July.

Maybe it depends on the tracker. We have a Scorpion and have forgotten a couple of times to take the tracker with us when just popping out in it for a day out and got a phone call within a couple of minutes telling us the vehicle was moving.

We had it installed as it was a condition on the insurance but we have subsequently been told that some insurance companies (NFU for one) don't require them to be fitted.

Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
Mine was an RAC Trackstar. Don't recall ever being alerted travelling by ferry or Tunnel. Possibly because I had to contact them to tell them it had been stolen before they put a trace on it. Not bothered with current van so far - still considering it.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have a global telemetric tracker in a van I enquired about transferring to a new motor home. ..
I can't remember the figures but it was an expensive process and not worth the bother. ..
That was my experience.
Andy.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Cobra tracker are singularly unhelpful in this regard.

When I sold my last van, they refused to allow any unused subscription to be transferred to a new owner (there was about 20 months of a 3 year contract to go). To rub salt in the wound, they wouldn’t refund me either.

Needless to say I ensured my new van had a different make of tracker fitted, and didn’t fall for the 3 years subs up front trick either...

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My Telemetric Tracker has a lifetime one off payment on it but it is not tranferable either to another vehicle or to another owner. They have to buy the whole service again. It was VERY EXPENSIVE to get the tracking service set up to start with.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I removed my tracker and reinstalled into my new van. Saved me the cost of the equipment. Just changed the vehicle details with the company who issued me a new certificate. They must have regretted allowing me to stay with them. I am forever getting calls from the monitoring company as I keep forgetting to send a text to disarm

So yes swoon over if you can saves money

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I tried to get the Tracker which is fitted to the car I just bought transferred to me...
Tracker: "Ah, yes, I see it is on our records, hasn't been subscribed for a period, and No, you can't transfer it because the inbuilt battery is exhausted (after 6 years) and cannot be replaced. You'll need a new installation."

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
This all sounds like an excellent reason for a Vanbitz promotion (y)
Yes Eddie’s can be transferred and when it goes off the van calls me and not someone in a call centre as I am the only person really interested in my van.
Also have non starter so can deal with that if I have to. Saying that they would have to get past the Growler first:D
My van came with Hal locate already installed but not activated and they wanted something ridiculous to activate that made having the Vanbitz system even better value.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We're in the process of buying another vehicle and trading in our existing one. We will leave the tracker in it but I just wondered if it's possible to transfer trackers from vehicle to vehicle?

We have just transferred as I had paid 5 years subscription upfront at a special price, they actually fitted a new one at the dealership before we collected it, but it cost £150

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back