Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
;)
IMG_0131.JPG
Hi all,
First post as a fully paid up member so looking to recoup my money in one go.

Is it possible to identify what this is (and before the comedians start yes I know it's a solar panel), I've just found it on the roof and it wasn't mentioned by the dealer in handover nor is there any literature on it in the massive pile of same that was handed over on purchase.
I'm wondering what the power level might be and if it charges either or both of the leisure batteries or is connected to the vehicle one, or some other function?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I think you need to be looking at your control panel/Power Supply and any other boxes nearby to see what it's connected to.
What make/model of MH do you have? Others who have the same MH may be able to give you specific advice as to what to look at.

OP
OP
Euphony

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I think you need to be looking at your control panel/Power Supply and any other boxes nearby to see what it's connected to.
What make/model of MH do you have? Others who have the same MH may be able to give you specific advice as to what to look at.
Hi thanks for your reply, it's a Bessacarr E560 and there is a digital read out adjacent to the control panel showing 14.1V. Should I assume then that it's for the spare leisure battery?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi thanks for your reply, it's a Bessacarr E560 and there is a digital read out adjacent to the control panel showing 14.1V. Should I assume then that it's for the spare leisure battery?
If something is showing 14.1v and you are not connected to the mains and the engine isn't running - you have a working solar installation. At a guess around 100W. Congratulations. :)

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Looks the same as the 100watt one on my roof. If it is not stuck down then carefully remove it and look at the label on the rear of the panel. Good excuse to clean around it as well as the rest of the roof.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I would say 80W as it is the same pattern, and has the same number of squares, as the one on the roof of our van, fitted by @dave newell lvs.
I would expect it to be charging both leisure batteries but tracing the cable should give you the answer.
Whether or not it will also top up the starter battery depends on the way it is wired. Your handbook may give some sort of indication.

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
You could also try contacting the previous owner,if possible.not sure if the DVLA may be able to help regarding the owner ??.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Apart from the fact I had a130w panel installed on mine I'd just like to mention the nice view from your roof. :)

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Measure the size and compare to others looks like 100 watts, the sargent will only take 100 watts, fitted same place as mine on a E584

OP
OP
Euphony

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
Apart from the fact I had a130w panel installed on mine I'd just like to mention the nice view from your roof. :)
Thanks, that's the view from my back door, it's a beautiful place to live.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back