IQ Mobile 90 in 360 days roaming? (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
We went with IQ Mobile a couple of months ago after RWG restricted roaming to 20gb for the Mifi in van. I thought I had read the smallprint but today I got an email telling me the roaming is restricted to 90 days in year, and this won't be enough for us or many others at a guess.
You can get more days if bring them contracts to them but I may not wish to do that.
Did I miss this in the small print?
Or can we just get another sim for 20 quid when burned the 90 days allowance?
Ta

20240505_191159.jpg

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
They HAVE changed their contract and they didn't tell me. This is the original wording from their website: "We do however state we can't permit more than 3 months in a row EU usage without use in the UK breaking it up". I am complaining and asking for clarification otherwise I want my £20 yearly SIM money back.

Original website screen grab:

Screenshot_20240330-114021.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
RWG have a new sim deal for unlimited UK mins, texts and data plus 200gig European use. Costly though at £60

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I post about the 90days in 1 year limit when iQ was posted about a few week ago, I WhatsApp chatted with them about it. That’s why I’ve gone with Reglo €13.50 for 170gb

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
They HAVE changed their contract and they didn't tell me. This is the original wording from their website: "We do however state we can't permit more than 3 months in a row EU usage without use in the UK breaking it up". I am complaining and asking for clarification otherwise I want my £20 yearly SIM money back.

Original website screen grab:

View attachment 893798
That looks like a monthly contract, the sim only IQ Go is 90 days a year so you'll need 2 sims if you want to do 180 days a year.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I post about the 90days in 1 year limit when iQ was posted about a few week ago, I WhatsApp chatted with them about it. That’s why I’ve gone with Reglo €13.50 for 170gb
I’m pretty sure that at that time their website still showed what Treblid posted (#6) - I checked.
It did change though after a while. I emailed them when the website changed and got a (virtually immediate) response from Frazier as follows:
“As for the 3 in 12, unfortunately it's always been this way and isn't a new or change in policy. It's just our website wasn't worded entirely properly and caused a little confusion, you haven't missed an email we tidied up the wording to prevent confusion as we had a flurry of enquiries from the motorhome communities due to all the forums we've appeared in.”

Because they always appear to have been quite straightforward and honest, I’ll take that at face value. It sounds as though Manic’s chat with them may have prompted the change in wording on the site?

Since we limited ourselves to 90 days in Schengen, last year was the first time we went over 90 days in 12 months, so not too much of a problem for us, but I can see it may be for others.

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks from the feedback and confirming they have changed the text on the website. Looks like two sims is the easiest option going forward then. The ability to pause and not pay when the van is sitting on the drive is still appealing, even if it costs me £20 extra per year.

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
After some research we decided to switch to IQ mobile for both the MiFi Data and one of our main mobile lines (keeping mine which is a pre brexit line with unlimited roaming).

I called EE for a pac code and they reinstated the full roaming on Jane’s line and the data sim, added 30gb of data to both each for £10/month. That’s cheaper than IQ or anything else we found.

They also discounted our broadband and are sending a new router (replacing with BT kit following their acquisition).

So, always try your current provider before switching. It might be because we have been customers for 15+ years but 🤷🏼

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back