MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Come on the town. Our biggest game in 22 years I know the lads can pull it off. Best wishes against Huddersfield in our final game. Yeehaaah!
Phil meboots ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽👍👍👍👍👍
youve got yourself a great manager in the making ...... a few more years and he might be on his way back 'home' .... we will prob need him to get us out of the Championship the way things are going ....!!

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Good luck to all involved at either end of the table. It’s the hope that kills you! My team took a little step towards the Championship last night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
It's a huuedge day tday for the Towen. Complete sellout. My grandson (30) has my ticket and is as high as a kite. He's been a cummon with me to Portman Road oowen and off since he were being a boy.

. Sorry Narfook Nigel. You had your spree up the tops and working as I were in Narrich, they dinnerarrf gimme some stick. 🤣

Come on you Blues

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
It's that time of the season where the cameras will be picking up the little kid in tears and the wild celebrations on the pitch.

It's tonight for me. Northampton Saints playing Leinster at Croke Park. Hoping to wipe out that memory of Cardiff when we were 22 nil up and the fire went out after a long season. #Be in that number #Come on you Saints

Upvote 0
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Good luck Ipswich, rivals some years, when fate has us both in the same league, regardless, love my visits to Portman road, 20,000 plus crowds even when down in League 1. Southampton should keep Leeds busy, however, Leeds goal difference could still count if results go the wrong way. We have our first play off tonight against Oxford, they beat us 5-0 a few weeks ago so jangling nerves and we haven't set off yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Still have nightmares of a playoff night at Portman Road. A certain Barry Knight (ref). If you were there you will know.

Upvote 0
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Still have nightmares of a playoff night at Portman Road. A certain Barry Knight (ref). If you were there you will know.
Being a Posh fan I wasn't there, however, I hope you were not the reason he locked himself in his dressing room, hooligan:LOL:. You are obviously a Bolton fan, hopefully see you at Wembley

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I was there. Lots of dirty play from my perspective almost as though Bolton players were out to crock the whole town team. However,I will accept I may have been carrying just a little bias. Really wasn't a great match to watch though.

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Being a Posh fan I wasn't there, however, I hope you were not the reason he locked himself in his dressing room, hooligan:LOL:. You are obviously a Bolton fan, hopefully see you at Wembley
I suspect he wasn’t looking forward to seeing Big Sam. Good luck.

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I started my football obsession at Portman Road in 1961 when Ipswich had been promoted to the top division under Alf Ramsey.

I watched their opening match against ManUre who were soundly beaten by goals from Crawford and Phillips.

I was there at the end of that first season when they won the league against Aston Villa and took part in the pitch invasion and patted Roy Bailey on his back.

My Dad's new job took our family up to Cheadle Hulme in Cheshire and in 1965, as all my new mates went to Main Road every week and supported Man City, I joined them.

City were promoted to the top division the season I started attending.

As time passed, I became more of a City fan than an Ipswich one and am now totally Sky Blue but I always will have a soft spot for the Tractor Boys.

Good luck today...

JJ :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Actually, I have always said I would like to see both teams in the top division. Setting aside the rivalry, it would be great for East Anglia financially and with visitors.

Strange, really because we are jointly all fighting the march of the pylons and I was with some of those from north of the Waveney this week and alongside some Colchester supporters. It just makes zero sense that National Grid want to wreck more countryside, when their own figures prove that an offshore grid would be cheaper. Our three counties have always been the whipping boys for London's benefit.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
What on earth will Look East scramble to report other than Town getting promoted?
A dog falling in the Broads.
Happy days

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
In my earlier post (#14) I wished both Posh and the Tractor Boys good luck but didn’t realise at the time that the Canaries are also in the playoffs! So good luck to them also.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gaston aires
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
It's a huuedge day tday for the Towen. Complete sellout. My grandson (30) has my ticket and is as high as a kite. He's been a cummon with me to Portman Road oowen and off since he were being a boy.

. Sorry Narfook Nigel. You had your spree up the tops and working as I were in Narrich, they dinnerarrf gimme some stick. 🤣

Come on you Blues
We did it. Looking forward to next season already. Most amazing scenes at PR I’ve ever seen.
Phil

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Respect to Ipswich for a great two years

(They must be happy to be funded by the Arizona State Fire and Police Pension Fund )

My boy was there today as a Huddersfield fan and we only wish Huddersfield Town were run as well as Ipswich.

Good luck in the Premiership.

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Respect to Ipswich for a great two years

(They must be happy to be funded by the Arizona State Fire and Police Pension Fund )

My boy was there today as a Huddersfield fan and we only wish Huddersfield Town were run as well as Ipswich.

Good luck in the Premiership.

It's a shame that the euphoria around here is not being reflected where teams have ben relegated. Always a difficult thing for the fans to take. You and your lad have my commiserations have 'been there'.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back