INSURANCE (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2021
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
auto-trail chieftain
Exp
Hey everyone, we're fairly new to owning a motorhome and our first years insurance is expiring and has gone up considerably :oops:. Can we have some recommendations for good/reputable companies please. Last year was Devvits which was through the Caravan and Motorhome Club.
Thanks in advance :giggle:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Advance Insurance always give me a good price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

kez

Oct 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner 599 Ixeo
Exp
Since we have had our motorhome (6yrs) we have insured it through the Caravan and Motorhome club (Devitts?)
Just recently we have received a letter informing us that the insurers have changed their specifications and cannot offer a quotation. Has anyone else experienced this please?

I’m now looking for another insurer. Are the names quoted above easy to find please?

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Since we have had our motorhome (6yrs) we have insured it through the Caravan and Motorhome club (Devitts?)
Just recently we have received a letter informing us that the insurers have changed their specifications and cannot offer a quotation. Has anyone else experienced this please?

I’m now looking for another insurer. Are the names quoted above easy to find please?
Out of interest what was the specification that they have changed, was it the age of the vehicle?

Upvote 0

kez

Oct 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner 599 Ixeo
Exp
No details of the specification change was mentioned. Letter was very vague.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Try doing a Asda insurance search, I got a good deal from Lifesure through that search

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
When we picked up our new Bailey 79-4i recently, my local broker couldn't get it insured as it didn't have a Thatcham alarm (getting fitted by vanbitz in July). The only insurance I could get that didn't require the alarm was Caravan and Motorhome Club which came in at under £400.00. This was with no no claims discount as our last motorhome was on my traders policy so I can't use the no claims as it is still active, the new motorhome exceeds the maximum value for that policy so now need a stand alone policy. I thought that was reasonable and once vanbitz do their stuff I will inform them and may get a further discount. Did you try going to them directly? I got this deal using Go Compare. (Other comparison sites are available).

Upvote 0
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I know everyone's needs and circumstances differ but I really can't see much point in saying that XXXX insurance is best without giving an indication of the cost. We're in our late 70s with full NCD and Fully comprehensive CAMC cost us £396 last year.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
Hey everyone, we're fairly new to owning a motorhome and our first years insurance is expiring and has gone up considerably :oops:. Can we have some recommendations for good/reputable companies please. Last year was Devvits which was through the Caravan and Motorhome Club.
Thanks in advance :giggle:
Just switched from Club Care to NFU Mutual. Good policy in that it covers all travel in Europe, not just 90 days/12 month policy, and about £40 cheaper at £237.

Upvote 0

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
Folkranger

My van is coming up for its first insurance renewal date. I had an email from Comfort telling me that renewal would be £438.80, (£8 more than last year) so out of curiosity I decided to have a look at the members deal on the Camping & Caravan Club website ... its just come in at £817.85 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
low profile
Adrian Flux broker put me with Markerstudy first year and have offered Axa this year for 40% less and higher mileage! Caravan club online quoted a ridiculous price but on phoning will now pricematch the Axa quote with another £25 off! Insurance is bonkers

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Call your local NFU office. No-one came close to their price for me for my new-to-me van. Half the price that Advance could offer. Unlimited windscreen and EU travel. No excess except £500 for theft. Nice folk too.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back