insurance job (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Choppy seas? Bit gaffa tape and some T-cut it will be fine.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now I know why I prefer Eurotunnel ... wouldn't like to have left my dogs in my MH on THAT ferry!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Other than some articles stating that they had to take shelter, I can't see any mention of damage on any of the reports ... where did the photos come from?

Deleted User
When I looked at this thread last night there were lots of photos, now I am only getting one.
Strange!!
I just noticed the same thing, perhaps Irish Ferries objected.

Sometime in the last hour or two, they were all there when I looked earlier this morning.

Perhaps Brittany Ferries are right in being cautious and cancelling crossings, inconvenient but safe!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I used to cross the channel by hovercraft in the late '60s / early '70s when they were operated from Ramsgate by Hoverlloyd. In rough seas the motion of the vessel was very violent - like being lifted & dropped rather than rolling. Whenever the sea was rough they strapped down each wheel on every vehicle - nothing moved. My favourite memory is of the Pilots announcement one foggy morning as we entered the Channel from Ramsgate. "May I apologise for the slightly longer crossing time this morning. As visibility is below 100 metres I have reduced speed to 50 Knots". Obviously had immense faith in his radar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back