insurance job (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Choppy seas? Bit gaffa tape and some T-cut it will be fine.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now I know why I prefer Eurotunnel ... wouldn't like to have left my dogs in my MH on THAT ferry!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Other than some articles stating that they had to take shelter, I can't see any mention of damage on any of the reports ... where did the photos come from?

Feb 28, 2015
Rothwell Northants
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Since 2014
When I looked at this thread last night there were lots of photos, now I am only getting one.
Strange!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
When I looked at this thread last night there were lots of photos, now I am only getting one.
Strange!!
I just noticed the same thing, perhaps Irish Ferries objected.

Sometime in the last hour or two, they were all there when I looked earlier this morning.

Perhaps Brittany Ferries are right in being cautious and cancelling crossings, inconvenient but safe!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I used to cross the channel by hovercraft in the late '60s / early '70s when they were operated from Ramsgate by Hoverlloyd. In rough seas the motion of the vessel was very violent - like being lifted & dropped rather than rolling. Whenever the sea was rough they strapped down each wheel on every vehicle - nothing moved. My favourite memory is of the Pilots announcement one foggy morning as we entered the Channel from Ramsgate. "May I apologise for the slightly longer crossing time this morning. As visibility is below 100 metres I have reduced speed to 50 Knots". Obviously had immense faith in his radar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back