Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Hi everyone had a fall last year. Had to bbe brought back home from Scotland. Worried premium will go up. Does anyone know companies that will be kind on cost

Many thanks
Sue

Solution2
All you can do is ask them at renewal timeSue. I imagine they will go up. But do shop around as there are almost always cheaper options to be found.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
All you can do is ask them at renewal timeSue. I imagine they will go up. But do shop around as there are almost always cheaper options to be found.

Upvote 0
Solution
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The van had a fall ?

Not understanding 🤔
Maybe the van was recovered because you couldn't drive it ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
The van had a fall ?

Not understanding 🤔

Maybe the van was recovered because you couldn't drive

The vad a fall ?

Yes I Claimed van had to be low loaded bk home

Not understanding 🤔

Maybe the van was recovered bYes ecause you couldn't drive it ?

it ?

Did you claim of the van insurance? If not, I don't see why it would have any affect .

Geoff

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
My van was recovered a few years ago, nowhere near the same distance as yours but it never affected my renewal premium because, I assume, breakdown was with provided by a third party arranged by the insurance co.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
That’ll be your breakdown cover surly..? Nothing to do with van insurance… you don’t have to declare breakdown/recovery on new policy….😎

Your low loader trip will be covered by your breakdown cover’ and that is separate to your van Insurance, so no your premium will not go up because of your fall. Result 👍🏻👍🏻👏👏
Hi everyone
Thank you for your replies. Does it matter that my van insurance was with comfort and breakdown and add on. Sorry haven't replied before have problems with site?,
w

Oh van insurancise

that

Your low loader trip will be covered by your breakdown cover’ and that is separate to your van Insurance, soOh no your premium will not go up becauOse of your fall. Result 👍🏻👍🏻👏👏

Your low loader trip will be covered by your breakdown cover’ and that is separate to your van Insurance, so no your premium will not go up because of your fall. Result 👍🏻👍🏻👏👏

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
In my experience you get your renewal quote from the insurance company one month before your end . Thus giving you time to consider and look around

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
My van was recovered a few years ago, nowhere near the same distance as yours but it never affected my renewal premium because, I assume, breakdown was with provided by a third party arranged by the insurance co.
I really hope so thank you

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Here is the relevant section from the Comfort insurance leaflet,section VIII, as it was you that 'broke' not the van,it comes under the van insurance not the van breakdown policy but does say at the end it won't affect your no claim entitlement👍

D5846407-32D9-49DB-8826-736DC41B96A9.png

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Here is the relevant section from the Comfort insurance leaflet,section VIII, as it was you that 'broke' not the van,it comes under the van insurance not the van breakdown policy but does say at the end it won't affect your no claim entitlement👍

View attachment 717364

No claim discount protection/entitlement only means that you will not lose any NCD, it does not mean that you will not face policy increases at renewal time.

In any case, Section IX indicates that this policy does not provide a no claims discount but the company, nevertheless, will provide evidence of no claims to other insurers in the event that the policy is not renewed.

Ian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
No claim discount protection/entitlement only means that you will not lose any NCD, it does not mean that you will not face policy increases at renewal time.

In any case, Section IX indicates that this policy does not provide a no claims discount but the company, nevertheless, will provide evidence of no claims to other insurers in the event that the policy is not renewed.

Ian
Now I. Confused!! (Easily done)

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Now I. Confused!! (Easily done)

Your policy, or at least the policy associated with the image that rb62 posted, does not provide a discount based on previous years no claims (i.e. a no claims discount). Consequently, in this respect, your previous claim cannot affect your NCD (since there isn’t one).

However, your previous claim could well result in a premium increase with your current insurer.

In the event that you do not renew with your current insurer, they will not reduce any previously accrued NCD when asked for by your new insurer.

However, arguably, none of this matters. You will, likely, base your decision on the best price your current, or any other, insurers offers you at renewal.

Ian

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
not sure what sort of a fall you had. If it was a blackout (syncope) then the discharge letter from the hospital should advise what you needed to do.
After syncope, just a single incident, plus over reaction by first-aider, I had my license suspended for 6 months and then a battle to have it restored. I ended up involving my MP.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Your policy, or at least the policy associated with the image that rb62 posted, does not provide a discount based on previous years no claims (i.e. a no claims discount). Consequently, in this respect, your previous claim cannot affect your NCD (since there isn’t one).

However, your previous claim could well result in a premium increase with your current insurer.

In the event that you do not renew with your current insurer, they will not reduce any previously accrued NCD when asked for by your new insurer.

However, arguably, none of this matters. You will, likely, base your decision on the best price your current, or any other, insurers offers you at renewal.

Ian
Thank you

Upvote 0
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
After syncope, just a single incident, plus over reaction by first-aider, I had my license suspended for 6 months and then a battle to have it restored. I ended up involving my MP.
Similar situation for me. Advised to inform DVLA but wasn’t going to as I feel that they are not fit for purpose. Unfortunately a week later Ireceived a renewal letter from them as I was 73. Darn it. So couldn’t lie and then spent 8 months trying to get it back. At no point was I advised to inform my insurance company.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back