Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
image.jpg
when we were at Shrewsbury we were plaged with bites and a fellow funster @Neckender recommended a device called Bite Away at around £30 off eBay,
We were a bit sceptical on how good this would be until yesterday well thank you for recommending it John worth every penny.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Nice to know that it worked for you Steve, Pat used to have terrible marks and itching from mozzy bites but no more since we were recommended the bite away gadget.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
They do some bite cream in France called ONCTOSE available from pharmacy's works well if the little blighters do get to you.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I’ve just looked it up and seen that it heats up to 50 odd degrees....does it hurt at all?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I find tiger balm works well on bites does a few other medical ailments as well
Tiger balm is brilliant for all sorts of aches and pains, haven’t used it on bites though. I must try next time I get bitten.
I usually get a serious reaction to bites, had one on my forearm a few days ago, in a couple of hours I looked like I had one of Popeye’s arms.
I generally use Urgo Filmogel. Paint it on the bite as soon as you can and it takes away all the itching.
The bite away gadget looks interesting. Might have to invest in one.

Edit. Just read other reviews and ordered one.

Last edited:

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
View attachment 243843 when we were at Shrewsbury we were plaged with bites and a fellow funster @Neckender recommended a device called Bite Away at around £30 off eBay,
We were a bit sceptical on how good this would be until yesterday well thank you for recommending it John worth every penny.
You've bought a pregnancy test kit ?
Guess the shock of a positive test makes you forget all about the bites ! (y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We've got the 'bite away' and I reckon it's pretty good. In fact, got the first one a couple of years ago, but recently dropped it on a hard surface, which didn't do it much good. Caused it to only work intermittently.

However, because it had proved itself, I was willing to invest another £30 to get a replacement.

There are two buttons which provide different lengths of time that the tip is hot - 3 seconds or 6 seconds. It is slightly uncomfortable to use for the few moments it is on the skin. But safer and more controlled than alternatives, such as the back of a hot teaspoon.

The idea is that the heat quickly breaks down the protein/poison in the bite, which in turn alleviates the symptoms.

Amazon link:

https://www.bite-away.com/en/

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back