Info for those requiring German Umwelt badge (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi everyone we have just visited a TUV station in Germany to obtain badges it's very easy and all you need are your documents and €6 for each badge,here is a link with useful info. :http://www.howtogermany.com/pages/environmentalzones.html
Both the car and van got green 4 badges they are both Fiat diesel a 2.3 150 Ducato and a Fiat Panda 1.3 4x4

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Unfortunatley my V5 hasn't got any emissions figures entered, so I think I will need a TUV test to get it.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Augusta08 For some reason the panda hadn't had all info but the technician just fiddled about on his computer and gave us Green 4

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Unfortunatley my V5 hasn't got any emissions figures entered, so I think I will need a TUV test to get it.
No you dont (at least in 2016) and many people buy the TUV badge on line by submitting a scan of the V5. The German authorities decide the badge from your V5 in any case as it is with no emissions figures on.
I certainly didnt want to waste my time finding a TUV station in Germany when you can do this procedure online in advance. I got mine from the Berlin gov site which was considerably cheaper than going through the official TUV site!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I d
No you dont (at least in 2016) and many people buy the TUV badge on line by submitting a scan of the V5. The German authorities decide the badge from your V5 in any case as it is with no emissions figures on.
I certainly didnt want to waste my time finding a TUV station in Germany when you can do this procedure online in advance for the same or less money.
Dont think you'll find it's less money in fact the sites I looked at charged significantly more and it's not difficult to find a station

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I d

ont think you'll find it's less money in fact the sites I looked at charged significantly more and it's not difficult to find a station
I went through the Berlin gov site recommended on here, it was about €6-7 as opposed to the official unofficial TUV sites at €17

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I certainly didnt want to waste my time finding a TUV station in Germany when you can do this procedure online in advance. I got mine from the Berlin gov site which was considerably cheaper than going through the official TUV site!
Same here. V5 scanned and sent via the website with 6 Euros and Green 4 duly returned in post.
https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I d

Dont think you'll find it's less money in fact the sites I looked at charged significantly more and it's not difficult to find a station
€6 (the same then) as on the link provided by Mr Zigisla, but still way cheaper by the time you have driven to and from a TUV station in Germany ;)(y)

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
€6 (the same then) as on the link provided by Mr Zigisla, but still way cheaper by the time you have driven to and from a TUV station in Germany ;)(y)
You'll get no argument from me as I was already in Germany and found a site on route so no extra cost at all I do accept that if you need to get one before coming then that's a good way however we entered from Sweden and online was not an option

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
You'll get no argument from me as I was already in Germany and found a site on route so no extra cost at all I do accept that if you need to get one before coming then that's a good way however we entered from Sweden and online was not an option
Not being pedantic, but the sticker lasts the lifetime of the vehicle (at present) so it is probably best to order one before you start off on your travels (y)

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
If you have the certificate of conformity for the vehicle you may find the long EU code for the emissions grading. I am sorry I cannot tell exactly what the string of letters and numbers for Euro4 are but I found out by googling. It is the number of the relevant EU regulation. This was accepted when I applied for my umwelt sticker.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Just done one on line which for me is a miracle. Cost 6€ SO!!! Unless I sent a picture of an Ostrich ( taken in Morocco) instead of the V5, I should soon receive it

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Just done one on line which for me is a miracle. Cost 6€ SO!!! Unless I sent a picture of an Ostrich ( taken in Morocco) instead of the V5, I should soon receive it

Ich auch..... Me too.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Doesn't have to be TUV station you can get them for any car main dealer got one for previous van from a car dealer €5, this van paid the extra euro (€6) from Berlin office.
For vehicles without emissions on the V5 they go by year of registration.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I had a look at this yesterday.

So I emailed my friend in Germany last night

Betreff: German Environmental badge
Hi Thomas
It seem I need this now for my Euro 5 motor home - €31.90

Is this correct?

Hello Alex yes You Need theoretically. But till now they decided not to control...so only low risk...when do You Want to Visit germany again? Best wishes Thomas.

So it's still a bit ambiguous?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
From the link in Speve's(OP) it says diesels without catalytic converters will not get any sticker. My manual (N+B Arto 2003) does not say if I have and even if I were mobile enough to look underneath I would not know one if I saw one.

Unless anyone can confirm/deny the existence of one on my MH, I shall just asume I cannot go into German cities.

Anyway we usually shoot through Geermany, from Poland, on the E40? in a hurry to get to UK MOT or coming back to keep short time away from (MiL). So we transit Essen and Dortmund but the road is exempt - just have to ensure we do not break down. We do stop at a couple of Stellplatz, on the edge of Bautzen and Wachtendonk(?spelling), but I doubt whether they will be imposing restrictions.

Geoff

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Not being pedantic, but the sticker lasts the lifetime of the vehicle (at present) so it is probably best to order one before you start off on your travels (y)

Being pedantic, the sticker lasts the lifetime of the windscreen, which may be shorter than that of the vehicle, as was the case in our last MH :)

We also used the Berlin site to save money.

It's based on the known Euro standard of your vehicle's engine, deduced from the make and year of manufacture, so your V5 doesn't need an emission figure on it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back