I'm back! (1 Viewer)

Aug 12, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion.
Exp
Thank you to everyone for the kind and sincere replies.
Shame about the C1 as we both fell in love with a lovely Burstner Elegance at CamperUk , but as you sensible people have said 3500kg is the sensible way to go.
So looking in earnest at what is available, if any of you good people have any suggestions on what would or would not be a good buy then please feel free to comment. Budget of around 70k is available, possibly more for the right motorhome.
The only fixed thing we have in our choice would be a fixed bed preferably and island bed but not a deal breaker.
Realise that the payload could be restrictive so the dog is going on a diet along with me Lol.

Cheers,

Mark and Jill.
Westfalia Columbus 641 here (new prices insane but we purchased an ex-rental one 3 years ago in your budget). Fixed bed with insert to make it a massive double, which we leave up, and allows us storage for golf clubs and trolleys underneath. We love it but they are a bit few and far between.
Key criterion for a longitudinal bed is 6.4 meters.
Other choices before final decision were:
  • Adria Twin 640 and
  • WildAx XL versions (but couldn't ultimately find the right layout for us)

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Welcome back to the fold, Mark and Jill.
I let my C1 lapse at 70 as my MH was 3500. Found that I couldn't keep down to this weight and reinstated my C1 and changed vans at 76. Easy with D4drivers. I renewed C1 again at 79 last year. I suppose it may depend on your state of health, which wasn't an issue in my case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back