Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Agreed. It's a bit cumbersome atm ...

How busy is your life that 2 clicks are getting you down 🤔😁

I like the confirmation personally, I seem to catch ‘report’ a lot by mistake and can cancel rather than make a false report 👍 same would apply to threads you might ignore by mistake , no idea how many clicks it might take to unignore 😁👍

OP
OP
Nigel Crompton
Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
What’s cumbersome about the ignore button at the top of the thread. Where else would it be. If I put it at the bottom you’ll have read the thread before you can ignore it. 😀
Well, for argument's sake, you have to open the thread, and then you're dropped in on the last entry in the thread, then you have to scroll up to the top of the thread to get to the ignore button, then you've got to confirm and then navigate back to the list you started at.

BUT - I was only asking !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
It used to be click on ignore which then changed to unignore. Now you have to confirm ignore BUT a line near the top of the screen says you will no longer see this post again. No longer can I hunt for a post that may help a Funster just because I have no interest in it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well, for argument's sake, you have to open the thread, and then you're dropped in on the last entry in the thread, then you have to scroll up to the top of the thread to get to the ignore button, then you've got to confirm and then navigate back to the list you started at.

BUT - I was only asking !!

You open a thread and you are taken to the first unread post within the thread. So if its a new thread to you, one you've never visited before, you will be taken to the first post. If you've read some of the posts previously, we'll remember where you were and deliver you to the first unread post. If it is then that you want to ignore a thread, yes you'll need to scroll back up

We could put ignore buttons elswhere but as only around 1 in 20,000 threads are ignored, it would be a waste of screen real estate. I doubt you'll be ignoring too many, so its no real hardship to scroll up to the top. (y)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I love the ignore thread option, it just saves the what’s new page being cluttered with “ordles” 👍👍👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Oh Please! Now I have to scroll all the way back to the top of this thread to ignore it!

Jim just a question, ‘if’ I open a thread for the first time, scroll through and scan read all of the posts, and then close the thread, if then, after due thought and consideration, wake up and think “I’ll open that thread and ignore it” is that the same as if I simply never open the thread again?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh Please! Now I have to scroll all the way back to the top of this thread to ignore it!

Jim just a question, ‘if’ I open a thread for the first time, scroll through and scan read all of the posts, and then close the thread, if then, after due thought and consideration, wake up and think “I’ll open that thread and ignore it” is that the same as if I simply never open the thread again?
If you ignore it it won't show in the list at all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back